multiflexboard - template?

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello, Looking to find a template for the multiflex board?

im finding it tricky to throw together and idea and this would be ideal..

I have a multiflex board. What sizes do you need mate. I'm in West Midlands if you want to template it?

Sits behind rear seats in a caravelle, acts as a parcel shelf for day to day use and extends the flat surface the seats create when folded flat to form a bed base

Sits behind rear seats in a caravelle, acts as a parcel shelf for day to day use and extends the flat surface the seats create when folded flat to form a bed base
Thanks Pauly. Mind of useful information.

Looks like you’ve already done everything that I am now seeking to do.
Have you slept on that multiflex yet? Is it comfy? Currently got the Exploria Kombi bed, but you are blooming close to the ceiling. Thinking of doing the Velle rail thing instead.
It looks like it is hinges, does it fold and store somewhere neatly?

Looks like you’ve already done everything that I am now seeking to do.
Have you slept on that multiflex yet? Is it comfy? Currently got the Exploria Kombi bed, but you are blooming close to the ceiling. Thinking of doing the Velle rail thing instead.
It looks like it is hinges, does it fold and store somewhere neatly?
Not slept in the van yet mate, the roofs being done next week then the velle rails are being fitted 2nd April. The narrow flap has a release under neath that allows it to fold down. The big flap that points towards the rear of the van hinges up.

Not slept in the van yet mate, the roofs being done next week then the velle rails are being fitted 2nd April. The narrow flap has a release under neath that allows it to fold down. The big flap that points towards the rear of the van hinges up.
You getting hilo from VanDoc? Does that board fit under/ behind the Velle seats somehow?
Who is doing the rails for you?

Yes, vandoc are doing the roof, Colin at Oxford T5 is fitting my rails, floor and seat.

With the small flap folded down the seat will slide right up to the board.

9D202D3F-68C2-446D-BB09-23D81B1A0D8E.jpeg

Ah I see. Colin is not far up the road from me and I went and spoke to him when Fish and AndyThom were there. Was dead against Velle rails a little while ago, but was in a friends T5 over the weekend sat having a coffee at sailing club, and they have a rock n roll mounted at the back of the load space (not on rails) but noticed just how much easier it is to move around during the day and use the van more appropriately.

hi deaky, sorry for the late reply..7week old at the house makes life interesting!

im in switzerland so your dimensions are excellent, a great help. i'll get that onto paper and cut a board.

thanks alot!

Yes, vandoc are doing the roof, Colin at Oxford T5 is fitting my rails, floor and seat.

With the small flap folded down the seat will slide right up to the board.

View attachment 17867

Hi Deaky,
I also have the Multiflex Board (as part of the Goodnight Package on my T6).
Can you (or any of the other forum members) tell me what is the function of the 'rubber hook' that is located under the board?
I haven''t been able to find anything in the VW Accessories Catalogue, that it might be used for.

I found it very difficult to find any really useful information regarding the Goodnight Package or the parts that came with it.

Thanks.
Al.HARPER Gen Six - Luggage area with  Multiflex Shelf - retractable cover not fitted.jpg

Hi @Al Harper. I don’t know for sure but my best guess is the hook is for hanging a shopping bag from to stop it sliding around the floor and the one on the other side is to secure the board to the back of the seat when it’s in the upright position.

Hi @Al Harper. I don’t know for sure but my best guess is the hook is for hanging a shopping bag from to stop it sliding around the floor and the one on the other side is to secure the board to the back of the seat when it’s in the upright position.
Thanks for the reply Deaky :)

Back