Trend line Multi Function Steering Wheel Retrofit -

Adam_T6

T6 Pro
Hello all,

I own a 2016 EU5 Trendline with cruise control on the stalk - I would like to fit a MFSW. I think I’m almost there but just wanted to confirm.

Original wheel:
E974-B0-C7-4-F78-4573-89-BB-8188-B41393-CD.jpg

Steering wheel:

From looking at ETKA, there are 3 options, with each in black or grey? Can anyone confirm the correct part number?

EC9-E52-EF-2-F31-4500-BDA2-3178246-F29-A3.jpg

Buttons for wheel:

EU5 Engine ==> always Cruise on Stalk
EU6 Engine ==> always Cruise in MFSW

There are two different button options, as I have an EU5 and cruise on the stalk I’ll need option 1?

Option 1 (audio controls on left side of wheel):
125-E30-E4-F782-4450-8844-8-F04-CC134-AD6.jpg

Option 2 ( cruise controls on left side of wheel):
16-C2-CD38-1-BBA-47-FE-BF73-52965-E7-A65-FD.jpg

If that's the price your looking at paying, Professional Retrofits, Nuneaton, will fit a custom refurbished wheel for less. Here's mine. Cruise on the left stalk. Right hand stalk was also replaced for one without the MFD buttons.

20200109_105158.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a used wheel and have a Ross Tech cable, so hoping to do it myself.

Using a PR code search:

PRCode: 2ZH = Leather multi-function steering wheel
PRCode: 8T0 = Without cruise control system (CCS)
PRCode: 8T1 = Cruise control system (CCS)
PRCode: 8T2 = Cruise control system (CCS) electronic
PRCode: 8T3 = Adaptive Cruise Control and cruise control system
PRCode: 8T5 = Distance control plus cruise control

So I need a 7E0 419 091k E 74

Hi all
I did an upgrade to the steering wheel ... unfortunately the buttons do not work and the bulb remains lit from ACC, ESP ... etc.
The lights on the steering wheel controls turn on but do not work.
Does anyone know what the cause is ... why doesn't it work?

Tricky to follow what you have done here...are you saying you took the standard T6 MFSW off (photo 1) and replaced it with the Polo wheel (photo 2)?

Have you literally just unbolted the old one and bolted on the new one?

Sorry hijack but can anyone identify these number's please as they are on a wheel im looking at?
Its for a 2017 T6 Highline dsg with a MFSW thats the same less the paddles

Screenshot_20200303-150158.png

Screenshot_20200303-150204.png

Sorry hijack but can anyone identify these number's please as they are on a wheel im looking at?
Its for a 2017 T6 Highline dsg with a MFSW thats the same less the paddles

View attachment 62089

View attachment 62090

Thats a polo wheel...the round black springy thing is the giveaway. in summary, you airbag wont fit (unless you was planning on buying that also?) Your looking for a wheel with 2 hooks in the cast aluminium part, not the 3 black plastic circles to retain the use of your current airbag.

Hi all
Picking up my basic Shuttle next week, but really want the MFSW.
I've ordered an Original T6 one with flappy paddles - part no
7E0419091AC
Please can someone in the know tell me if that is correct?

I have trip on stalk, so would like to change that at same time - does anyone have a part number?
My van is DSG, and no ACC

Any other info needed to determine if it's the correct one?
Many thanks
Huw

VW T6 steering wheel upgrade

anyone help I’m looking to fit a steering wheel something like a Golf GTI is it a straight swap not really fussy about the buttons working

Any help would be great

thanks
Mark

VW T6 steering wheel upgrade

anyone help I’m looking to fit a steering wheel something like a Golf GTI is it a straight swap not really fussy about the buttons working

Any help would be great

thanks
Mark
Anybody looking to upgrade their current steering wheel should check out customise_steering_wheel on Instagram. David and his son Patrick take genuine VW wheels and custom make them up to your requirements.

As I was upgrading from the standard plastic Startline/Trendline to a MFSW, David supplied the correct wheel with the correct buttons (no cruise control on the wheel) and also the wiring loom to make life easy.

I chose a flat bottom wheel with muscles, black stitching, leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides and the surround around the airbag I chose matte black instead of the normal Highline gloss black.

I just need to get it coded now so that all the buttons work, but really pleased with how it looks and feels.... spot on! :thumbsup:

View attachment 109968

Just fitted a flat bottom steering wheel all good with the air bag
The control buttons and the dsg padels aren’t working

It’s a Treadline 2018 that had a non control plastic steering wheel

is there something I’m missing is there any electrical cables I need to add and does the new wheel require coding with Carista (I haven’t seen anything on Carista for coding)

any help would be great thanks

Just fitted a flat bottom steering wheel all good with the air bag
The control buttons and the dsg padels aren’t working

It’s a Treadline 2018 that had a non control plastic steering wheel

is there something I’m missing is there any electrical cables I need to add and does the new wheel require coding with Carista (I haven’t seen anything on Carista for coding)

any help would be great thanks
You’ll need this for a start KUFATEC
Then someone with VCDS to code it for you?

Thanks I’ve just received the cable kit from Travelinlite with no instructions
Just need to find out what pins they go to in the bcm I presume one a 12 volt

I’ve just received the cable kit from Travelinlite with no instructions ?
Its only two cables and i have no idea where they go

The steering wheel I have upgraded to only has the buttons for the stereo & Phone no Cruise control as this is on the stalk should be simple enough

Any one help on where these get connected too & from , Pin no etc

Thanks

Correct steering wheel fitted, purchased from t5upgrades added the two cables to pin 9&10 and connected to pin 17 bcm and black cable 12volt light switch. All coded so everything is there. Tested the two cables for voltage and all ok. But still nothing from the steering wheel.

Is there something I'm missing at the steering wheel end

Back