Mug shots of ultra lowered vans

Banded wheels Essex............although I assume he is rather busy as it it took a little while

View attachment 13772

B14, H&R ARBs, 25mm spacers. Not sure how much lowness.

Liking! Two queries - how are you finding the ARB's please? Accepting they'll have reduced the roll, have they hardened the ride? Re the spacers, they've improved the stance a lot with the standard wheels - I'm guessing longer bolts are needed, but have you got locking bolts too?

T32? This looks good to me, it's nice to see a lowered van and not have to worry about how far you can turn the steering wheel! What's the ride like compared to standard?
It's a T28.
Ride feels flat. No roll, dive, or pitch. I like it.

Liking! Two queries - how are you finding the ARB's please? Accepting they'll have reduced the roll, have they hardened the ride? Re the spacers, they've improved the stance a lot with the standard wheels - I'm guessing longer bolts are needed, but have you got locking bolts too?
It corners flat. It feels good I'm very pleased. The spacers bolt into the hub and come with new shorter bolts to bolt the wheels to the spacers. I ordered new shorter locking bolts off eBay.

I might look thick here, but if my understanding of how they work is right, how could a change of anti-roll bar alter the firmness of the ride?

I might look thick here, but if my understanding of how they work is right, how could a change of anti-roll bar alter the firmness of the ride?
May be it's the suspension then. I bought both at the same time and cannot isolate the benefits between the B14s and the ARBs.

You and I share the same thinking. I asked the question having seen a post somewhere from someone (presumably a mechanic) who was noting that he'd removed H&R ARB's from several customers vans as they found the ride too harsh after having had them fitted.

I had my T28 Highline camper conversion lowered by 30mm with the Sportline springs today and am very happy with the way it looks and the improvement in the handling. Will have to invest in some bigger wheels when funds allow...

camper-lowered.jpg

@JaySal

no there not, think the rear needs another 5mm as I think it' still a tad high

It looks really sweet, I have B14s but there is about 15mm at the front to go, Im waiting on my banded steels in 2 weeks and then will tinker.

Back