Mud Flaps for tailgate vans... recommendations??

Hi Ched, where did you source yours from and at what cost ?

I paid £22.95 including delivery on eBay. I’m not sure about the rules of posting direct links on the forum but the seller I purchased from is called ‘topupauto-uk’.

To be honest there’s loads of sellers offering the same product for around that price.

Is anybody able to confirm whether the "shorty mudflaps" fit both tailgate and barn door models. Some ads specify tailgate. Some don't mention door configuration. None that I have seen specify barn doors?

Is anybody able to confirm whether the "shorty mudflaps" fit both tailgate and barn door models. Some ads specify tailgate. Some don't mention door configuration. None that I have seen specify barn doors?
The rear bumper profile is slightly different, which is why they would specify a particular type.

Just to confuse the issue, I have vw mudflaps that came with the van. My van is raised from standard and they help keep the splatter from going everywhere when offroad or rainy conditions. They have been on for over 4years and still are in one piece and secure so I actually like them.

Cheers @X77GAP

You wouldn’t happen to have a link would you?

There are lots of these out there. This is where I got them from. £32. The fronts will only stop a small amount smashing into the sills but with wider rear tyres, the rear flaps are working a treat. Put the rears in a bucket of hand hot water for 5 minutes prior to fitment. Helps them go on nicely.

Oh, I forgot to mention that if fitting to a T6.1, you will need to trim a piece off the front flaps as they catch on the under tray. The cut won’t show, and easy if you have dremel or similat cutting tool.

Back