Mud Flaps for tailgate vans... recommendations??

I bought the Travelin-Lite shortys the other week and was very impressed - the rears fit my tailgate 6.1 perfectly with no drilling, and the fronts just needed a bit of a cut with a dremmel to get them fitting very nicely (and not rubbing the doors!).

Some sets of Mudflaps define if they are for barn doors or tailgate. But does anyone know what the actual differences are? Is it just the opening area that is different or the whole side profile?

Some sets of Mudflaps define if they are for barn doors or tailgate. But does anyone know what the actual differences are? Is it just the opening area that is different or the whole side profile?
The profile of the bumper is different. If you have a tailgate van you can see the difference. Have a look at where the rear arch liner meets the bumper. The arch liners are the same on both vans. On a barn door the liner edge matches the profile of the bumper. On a tailgate it doesn’t. There’s a gap between the liner edge and the bumper which gets bigger as you go towards the bottom of the bumper.

The tailgate bumper is wider at the bottom than the barn door bumper. It’s easier to explain with a photo, sadly I don’t have one!

These fit in a similar way and suit tailgate models. They aren’t as long though.

Hi Fitted a set from shore vans to a T5.1 with a tailgate spot on easy to fit and just work for the price win win
Simon

These fit in a similar way and suit tailgate models. They aren’t as long though.

Thanks Chris, I am aware of those but fancy longer rubber rather than short plastic really, but not so keen on OEM that drill into bumper. I‘ll keep looking.

Longer means you protect the vehicles behind, and perhaps/ maybe / suppose creates more drag on your vehicle. If you have spacers, wider wheels etc, then more wider to protect your paint work. So what is the best option for those owners? As I have 20mm spacers and the sides are constantly mucky. Am not afraid of buying rubber and riveting to the original as it would be cheaper than a respray. Then before advertising remove etc.
What says You?

Back