Mud Flaps for tailgate vans... recommendations??

Walski

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone fitted genuine VW rear mudflaps and not bothered with the screws into the side of the bumper. Mine have just turned up today but like the OP, I don't fancy drilling into my bumper.

Has anyone fitted genuine VW rear mudflaps and not bothered with the screws into the side of the bumper. Mine have just turned up today but like the OP, I don't fancy drilling into my bumper.
I'm looking at the style and wondering how they could be fitted without drilling?

Thats nice wish i knew that before dealer screwed mine through the bumper :thumbsdown:

Hi ladies and gents.
Has anyone got the genuine vw mud flaps? I went to fit mine, the fronts fit really well, but I don't get the rears ? Why should they fit so far back? The instructions say they should be 50mm back to the first drill hole then the flap itself is another 50mm ish behind that. So it ends with the flap 100mm ish back from the arch ? Anyone know why?

Hi @GordyT6 , see this thread where we discuss the merits of the rear mud flaps in detail

GordyT6, that's the way VW designed them to fit,half way along the bumper, crappy really . Amped rears are a better look . Have you got the brand brand new VW ones cos they have secret screws from behind the bumper and no face screws. I've just found some new caddy rears I had in my garage and I'm going to have a go at educating these to fit my rear bumper as they are not far out

Thanks @CRD and @shylock. To be honest I was not gonna drill the face of my bumper I've got some really sticky tape to hold it in place .

Hi, My T6 never came with any mud guards so I was just wondering what the best ones to get were and if there were any alternatives to the vw ones that attach halfway back on the rear bumper?

Thanks

Hi ladies and gents.
Has anyone got the genuine vw mud flaps? I went to fit mine, the fronts fit really well, but I don't get the rears ? Why should they fit so far back? The instructions say they should be 50mm back to the first drill hole then the flap itself is another 50mm ish behind that. So it ends with the flap 100mm ish back from the arch ? Anyone know why?

I have an annoying metallic tapping sound and think I've traced it to the nearside front bumper. The bumper moves/rocks towards the front and back. I've noticed a fixing screw in there but wondered if there was anything dropped out of does the screw fix the post in place (far sides of the image) ?

front-mudflaps.jpg

Anyone shed some light?

Just fitted some moulded ones from eBay, only have to screw into the arch liners so easily removed , reverseable.
Pretty happy the way they look and fit

IMG_2842.JPG

Back