MPG on Swapping from Manual to DSG

Morg

Hi, anyone gone from a 150/204 manual to DSG 150/204 or vice versa & found any noticeable difference in mpg?
Nothing to do with what’s on the mfd vs real mpg...just a simple comparison if you have driven both comparable vehicles for any amount of time.
My mate is experiencing 25% extra fuel costs since moving from manual to dsg, tho he does a lot of urban driving.
I do 95% motorway, thanks

It's not quite a direct answer but my DSG is much more economical than my 2008 T5 Kombi; it was a 6 speed manual 2.5 130. Around 35 mpg versus 28mpg. Mind you my first Caravelle was the same spec and gearbox and was more economical than either of them, regularly used to get into the 40s.

Ta Luke, not sure what to make of VW claims of DSG mpg. Difficult to believe their PR, as automatics in the past have always been fuel hungry

It's not the same as a torque converter which are less economical. If you look at the VW spin they say it's not automatic but two separate manual gearboxes controlled by a computer. I'd say its definitely automatic! Mine is very sensitive to hows it driven. I've had 38 mpg out of it before.

I have a 150 dsg . I drive really sensibly. Pretty sure I’m getting about 32to 35 mpg it defo is a guzzler!

Back