MPG - 4Motion

Andy Power

T6 Pro
on my average mph I have a button on the steering wheel to show 1 and 2 for a adage mpg, which is the one I get my mpg reading from as they are both very different readings - yesterday on a trip the 1 said average 28 and the 2 said 38 mpg.

I have noticed a massive difference in fuel consumption from my Caddy which used to average 45 - 50 mpg - I am filling up the Kombi a lot more.... The garage where I bought it from told me that the mpg would be in the 40's which I thought would be acceptable - but readout 1 is averaging in the 20's.
It's a T6 150 4motion on motorway I stick to 70 with C- Control.

Trip 1 is since startup, trip 2 is since last reset. I get 36mpg which is fine, my T5 used to get 26!

So is that reading from 1 or 2 because on mine they are both compleatly different reading and I'm not sure which is the one I take note from? Am I getting 38 mpg (2) or 28 (1).

Both. You got 28mpg since you turned the key on that day, and you've averaged 38mpg since the last time trip 2 was reset (or since new if you've never reset it). Short journeys will produce lower mpg, if you drove a long trunk road/motorway drive you'd see trip 1 average move up

Thanks for that, so it seems the garages claim of averaging lower 40's was just a selling stunt.... At an average of upper 20's I really can't see me keeping this van

No your average over a longer period is 38mpg, that seems great for a 4wd van! I always knock off 15-20% manufacturers' claims and that normally seems about right.

If you press the centre button to get to trip 2, you can scroll through until you get to the mileage which will show you how far you've averaged 38 over. And the mpg should get better over time, don't give up on it :thumbsup:

Ignore both and work it out yourself.
Trip 1 resets if you don't put keys in the ignition after roughly 120 mins. After that it resets.
Trip 2 I reset after every full fill up to gauge an idea on the mpg per tank. It usually end up around 29-31mpg which is actually 27-29mpg with my own calculations.
Reset trip 2 resets all the trip 2s like distance and time travelled.

Around town driving I can average low/mid 30s but on a long run I can get 45 ish from it. I've got a euro 5 102 engine.

Work it out the old fashioned way fill it up note the mileage then run the tank down refill it note how much fuel you put in and divide it. I did this three times and then averaged that 42.7mpg I think on my 102ps T6. combination of motorways and round town driving.

300miles in on new 199ps 4motion dsg getting 22.3 mpg and I’m driving on economy mode like I’m driving miss daisy. Hopefully things loosen up or I’m getting a tow ball fitted to tow a fuel bowser to get from a2b
Even filled up with shell ultimate

Last edited:
300miles in on new 199ps 4motion dsg getting 22.3 mpg and I’m driving on economy mode like I’m driving miss daisy. Hopefully things loosen up or I’m getting a tow ball fitted to tow a fuel bowser to get from a2b
Even filled up with shell ultimate
Stick with it - since my post things have improved. I’m now getting better than 40. On motorways clicking the cruise to 65 rather than 70 seems to make a massive difference

Just wondering if anyone knows what mpg you are getting from a T6.1 199ps 4 motion. Thanks.

I’m waiting as well. Can’t wait for it to arrive.
Yes I am looking forward to the new van but wondering what the pick up/ performance will compare with the 2.5 174ps 5 cylinder engine which I have been very attached to for 12 years and 90000 on the clock from when I purchased it new.

199 4mo T6 here, and getting 29-31 mpg on long journeys after about 12k. Driven conservatively in an attempt to "boost" the mpg a bit so it doesn't look so bad to the other half, but i think it's still pretty lame

Back