Moving Bulkhead Back (panel Van)

tpalmer

Just curious to know, has anyone attempted to, or successfully managed to move the bulkhead backwards on a panel van, or even mount one in, but further back than the factory position?

I am somewhat keen to keep the bulkhead in if I can, but would like to move it back to gain more cab space and leg room so was contemplating trying to space it backwards somehow.

The other option would be to build a wooden bulkhead which I could mount further back, but that's obviously more work.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Ahh. This is what I came here to find the answer to. Did you resolve this?
The only way I can see you being able to move the bulkhead back would be to make something custom yourself, but worth bearing in mind that as soon as you start moving it backwards you will encroach on your sliding door access. The only real option I can see here is removing the PV bulkhead and fitting a Kombi bulkhead behind the sliding door opening where it would normally be in a Kombi. Trouble with that is you’ll limit yourself on your rear load space. How much additional room do you need in the front?

I just need to push the seat back a few inches Chris. Apparently there’s one made exactly for this problem if I’ve understood it properly.

I just need to push the seat back a few inches Chris. Apparently there’s one made exactly for this problem if I’ve understood it properly.
Maybe this could be an option?

Did any of you guys resolve this?
I know I'll need some extra leg room in my PV when it arrives.

I actually removed mine in the end for various reasons - Only thing I would say is removing it and/or spacing it will not gain you much, if anything in terms of moving the seat back on the rails (I had hoped it would), but it does gain you the ability to have the seat pushed back as far as possible, whilst also having some recline (Rather than being bolt upright as you would need to be with the factory bulkhead position).

Just curious to know, has anyone attempted to, or successfully managed to move the bulkhead backwards on a panel van, or even mount one in, but further back than the factory position?

I am somewhat keen to keep the bulkhead in if I can, but would like to move it back to gain more cab space and leg room so was contemplating trying to space it backwards somehow.

The other option would be to build a wooden bulkhead which I could mount further back, but that's obviously more work.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Just looking for some more info on this for a friend. Here in Finland we have a company that has this:

It basically tilts the upper part of the bulkhead back a bit allowing the seats to be pushed all the way back and then have them lean more than the "full upright" default position. I had this fitted in our van when we bought it, and at 188cm tall, I have to say it makes a huge difference to driver comfort. But a friend needs one too, and at 600€ it's a ridiculous price, so was thinking maybe someone in the UK makes these cheaper.

/Marcin

Just looking for some more info on this for a friend. Here in Finland we have a company that has this:

It basically tilts the upper part of the bulkhead back a bit allowing the seats to be pushed all the way back and then have them lean more than the "full upright" default position. I had this fitted in our van when we bought it, and at 188cm tall, I have to say it makes a huge difference to driver comfort. But a friend needs one too, and at 600€ it's a ridiculous price, so was thinking maybe someone in the UK makes these cheaper.

/Marcin

that website link you posted is what I’m after! Any idea how I could get one to the UK?

Sorry, no idea if they would send abroad or not. Ours came installed when we bought the van second hand, and only later managed to source where it came from.

A good idea might be just to have some local metal sheet company do a set of these for you. The only trick really is that they need to weld the mounting nuts and make the holes in the right places. I can try to take some measurements for you.

/m

What about the motexian bulkhead that fits behind the drivers seat and gives extra reclining of the seat, a few guys have fitted them and say the driving position is more comfortable.

Hi I moved my bulkhead back by extending fitted bolts already in place with EASYFIX CARBON STEEL THREADED ROD CONNECTING NUTS M6 10 PACK (728GX) took me 30 mins then put som pipe lagging around after works a treat Steve

Back