Mounting Carpeted Panels With Velcro Hook And Loop Or Adhesive ?

D

Deleted member 11345

I hope everyone is well.

I have a t6 tailgate van with no rear window but a plain metal panel.
I have sound deadened and insulated this metal panel.
I have the 4mm ply template carpeted and ready to mount.
It is not possible to use screws or fixings as this metal is a single layer.

As such, I have thought about either using adhesive such as nonails/ct1 to permanently fix the carpet panel to the tailgate or use adhesive backed hook and loop to mount?

This got me thinking in terms of using hook and loop to mount all of my 6 internal panels.
(2 half height panels at sliding door and rear of driver, 2 full height panels in rear, lower tailgate panel and upper tailgate panel)

Has anyone used hook and loop adhesive velcro to mount panels and have any advice?

Alternatively any recommendations for or against using adhesive ct1/no nails to mount the upper tailgate carpet panel?

All my thanks!

I've used it to supplement hidden fixings in places. I used self adhesive hook on the metal work and stapled loop Velcro to the back of the carpeted panels. Hook will stick to the carpet well but if you plan to remove panels now and again you're better off with proper Velcro.

One issue however is that if the panels get too hot the sticky Velcro will come off. I've used it on double panels only. If you're sticking it to single panels this may be a problem

I have the same set up, a solid tailgate with carpeted panels top and bottom. I would like to replace these now with one single full length panel. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

Back