Mountain Bike Trails With Camping Facilities

T6180

T6 Legend
Ok, so I purchased a tent for the Rutland Water weekend, which included the better half saying the 'so when are you going to use that again then' comment.....

I'm looking for recommendations for a decent mountain bike trail centre that allows camping, or a camp site within riding distance of the trail centre's

Distance isn't an issue as I plan on going on the Friday and coming back the Sunday so at least I'll get a good days riding in on the Saturday

Any help would be appreciated

Depends how far you want to travel but if South Wales is an option then glyncorrwg ponds or afan country park both have camping facilities and a big range of good trails.

I have stayed at Glyncorrwg a number of times in the van.
I think it’s about £5 per person per night.

Depends how far you want to travel but if South Wales is an option then glyncorrwg ponds or afan country park both have camping facilities and a big range of good trails.

I have stayed at Glyncorrwg a number of times in the van.
I think it’s about £5 per person per night.

excellent, I'll take a look now :thumbsup:

Ok, so I purchased a tent for the Rutland Water weekend, which included the better half saying the 'so when are you going to use that again then' comment.....

I'm looking for recommendations for a decent mountain bike trail centre that allows camping, or a camp site within riding distance of the trail centre's

Distance isn't an issue as I plan on going on the Friday and coming back the Sunday so at least I'll get a good days riding in on the Saturday

Any help would be appreciated
North Wales and the Lakes have plenty of places!

My fave place is whinlatter just a few miles north of penrith, I wouldn't want to ride to the start though its fairly hilly...!

Last edited:
Springslade cafe on Cannock Chase has camping facilities, just a short ride to follow the dog or the monkey trail.

Llandegla? The team from MTB Meetup social group use this venue and nearby campsites each year. Haven't used myself but have been told the distance is very close. Not a bad trail center either!

Coed Llandegla -

Dalby forest, Stone Close campsite. You are literally in the middle of the routes, absolutely perfect IMO.

Springslade cafe on Cannock Chase has camping facilities, just a short ride to follow the dog or the monkey trail.

Hiya Deaky....I've done Cannock loads of times, looking for new places to try

Have a look at The Station Inn / Blazing Bikes at Marshbrook, Shropshire. They have pods and camping very close to the Longmynd and are very much geared up for MTB.

Back