Motorcyclists. Why...

There are some really interesting points made in that.

Also a thing that I have noticed is how people's attention seems to get drawn towards others. For example, I can be outside my garage doors, which is about 30 yards back from the road up a single width driveway, completely unsighted until you are level with it.. Traffic will pass, slowing for the juction ahead, I'll look up out of curiosity and see them looking back at me. Why would they do that? Do they sense I'm looking at them? Would they glance up my drive if I wasn't there or looking at them? Maybe for that reason, or not, I don't know, when I'm cycling I always try to make eye contact with motorists at junctions, roundabouts, traveling towards them on narrow lanes. Nearly every time, eye contact is made and we both give each other room to do what we need to do.

Hmmmm

There are many drivers around who are staring into their laps probably looking at their phone screens, IMO this is even worse than using a hand held phone, at least they are generally looking through the windscreen.
I’m not being a mysogynist but the trend I see is younger women being the phone in the lap users

As a bike rider on the track and road I see both sides of this. There are definitely some bikes, usually larger and taller adventure bikes, with excessive additional lighting (painfully bright too) if it saves a life though...

Interestingly whilst sat in a road works queue the other day I decided to set the clock back to summer time on the van. Despite only needing about 5 clicks of the buttons on the steering wheel, if I moved at all from stationary I was locked out. However, through the stereo I can complete many complex things at any speed!

I think a lot of the infotainment systems should be locked out unless stationary, whilst moving only essential tasks should be possible. The manufacturers can clearly easily implement this...

Gotta stay safe guys. I got 4 bikes and staying rubber side up is most important and I’ll do all I can to aid that. Bright lights loud can.
modern day led car lights are far worse than that of a bike.
shouldn't that be rubber side down?

...do some of them see the need for main beams as well as additional LED spot lights on the frame, blazing away dazzling all and sundry?

I get that it's important to be visible and since the legislation of DRLs on all vehicles, they feel that headlights alone just blend into the sea of running lights. However, some of these lights are beyond bright. Yes, they get you noticed, but possibly at the risk of distracting others and potentially causing an accident between affected motorists. I don't get the argument that some use saying that headlights alone don't differentiate a bike from a car at a quick glance. Surely if a light is coming towards you, it shouldn't matter what type of vehicle is emitting it. Why would anyone be anymore likely to pull out in front of one type of vehicle than another?

Before anyone suggests I'm anti-motorcyclist, far from it. I don't ride one, but do pedal a road bike, so know all about being vulnerable on the road.
Don't do it myself but my bike has DRL's and is white, but still get pulled out on! I understand but agree it's even a pain for other motorcyclists!
Although with winter gloves on might of knocked them on occasionally but if I'm flashed I'll check and turn off !

Back