Motexion Bulkhead Fixings

Haro

Just about to purchase a used Motexion Bulkhead for my kombi, but the guy doesn't have the fixings. Can anyone tell me what fixings I need, I presume they are self tapping screws.
Thanks in advance.
Simon

Just about to purchase a used Motexion Bulkhead for my kombi, but the guy doesn't have the fixings. Can anyone tell me what fixings I need, I presume they are self tapping screws.
Thanks in advance.
Simon
Tbh ours is a tight snug fit without the fixings. But self tappers or I used nutserts.

Haro,

I have a rivnut tool you can borrow - I’m near Lutterworth. I found recently on ebay hexagonal rivnuts that look like they’ll fit the hex holes in the bodywork.

Do some research in what you need - happy to help with installation tools.

Ian

Last edited:
We just screw them in. As is mentioned above the fit is very snug, although not the best fit.

Is the Motexion the one supplied by VW dealers? I've got one on order to fit in my new T6.1 Kombi, and I'm hoping it's a better ( squeak free) fit than my current one.

I can confirm it’s a very snug fit. I just fit 2 x self tapping screws in and it’s squeak free and really quietensthe interior noise
. To be honest I’m trying to workout the easiest way to remove/install the bulkhead when required as I’m making hard work of it. Does anybody know an easy way of doing it?? Single slider door?

Thanks guys, as mentioned it's such a snug fit, that I'm not going to bother with screwing it in.

A strange thing has happen though, I have powered tailgate with powerlatching and it's not completely closing, I'm now have to gently press the tailgate to get total closure.

Back