MOT/Service - dealer or elsewhere?

Deviant Tubs

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ello gang,

What's the general consensus on getting Mots and services' done at the VW centre? Is it worth paying the premium or is it daylight robbery?

Granted I won't need an Mot for a few years as I've got a new bus, but I'm trying to get my head around if it's worth it ahead of time.

Don't have a regular garage as I'm relatively new to where I live (Cardiff) so anyone have any advice I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Welcome, Caerphilly based here so might see you around!

For the van I've been using VW sinclair at the moment as I got 2 free services when I purchased the van, however for my other VW cars I've been using Welsh VW located in Barry. Would highly recommend they sorted a few issues on our Tiguan. Always lots of transporters outside whenever i've been.

Ello gang,

What's the general consensus on getting Mots and services' done at the VW centre? Is it worth paying the premium or is it daylight robbery?

Granted I won't need an Mot for a few years as I've got a new bus, but I'm trying to get my head around if it's worth it ahead of time.

Don't have a regular garage as I'm relatively new to where I live (Cardiff) so anyone have any advice I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.
Good independent garage every time as long as genuine parts used fine for warranty

Welcome, Caerphilly based here so might see you around!

For the van I've been using VW sinclair at the moment as I got 2 free services when I purchased the van, however for my other VW cars I've been using Welsh VW located in Barry. Would highly recommend they sorted a few issues on our Tiguan. Always lots of transporters outside whenever i've been.

Cheers mate! Much appreciated.
I'll go and check them out when I'm next over in Barry.

Yeah I'll definitely keep my eyes out for you. You'll recognise me by my massive smile whenever I'm driving my bus haha

I've been using Euro Performance in Llantrisant for about the last 15 years for various VW/Audi/Seats I've owned and they've always been great for me, so much so I've generally tried to avoid buying other brands of vehicle! :oops:

The owner Gareth is really knowledgeable about VAG vehicles although, he has quite a big team now so you might not see him around much anymore.

Back