Miltek exhaust

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
Are these worth the money? My 4mo has stage 1 Revo, would this be a worthwhile addition? And what’s the difference with resonated and non?

Are these worth the money? My 4mo has stage 1 Revo, would this be a worthwhile addition? And what’s the difference with resonated and non?
Resonated comes with a ‘silencer’, which in my opinion would be a complete waste of money on a T6 because you do not need it with the amount of emissions crap that would precede your exhaust! Your factory DPF is enough of a muffler so you wouldn’t hear any extra noise if you went for the non resonated.... and they are much cheaper!

It's the exhaust note that will be different. Probably sound less like a tractor with the resonator than the normal after-market performance exhausts tend to do. As to being a worthwhile addition, it won't make any difference to the performance if that's what you're after.

Thanks folks, that’ll be one scored off the list not to do then.
It all depends on what you’re after @Kev23? I intend to keep my van for many years to come, so with that in mind I’ve had a Vortex exhaust fitted on my van.... stainless steel, guaranteed for life and reduces the back pressure of a conventional exhaust (check out their website and YouTube videos if you’re interested). I’ve had no muffler/silencer fitted, just straight through stainless steel and like I said earlier, no extra sound or note. :thumbsup:

Excuse my stupidness, but what does the pressure reduction offer over standard?
Usually it makes it easier for the exhaust gases to come out of the cylinder to let the engine breathe better so giving more power. But its not really that simple as that. Exhaust design is really complicated to get the best pout of the engine.

my head is already starting to hurt:unsure:
Basically the pressure in the exhaust can make it harder for the gases to exit the engine. However by making the exhaust/manifold the right length then they can help pull the gases out.

That’s the idea of the Vortex exhaust.... rather than the back pressure of a conventional exhaust with it’s muffler and baffles causing heat to go back to the turbo and engine, it basically ‘sucks out’ the exhaust gases! Their website can explain it better than I can though! :thumbsup:

That’s the idea of the Vortex exhaust.... rather than the back pressure of a conventional exhaust with it’s muffler and baffles causing heat to go back to the turbo and engine, it basically ‘sucks out’ the exhaust gases! Their website can explain it better than I can though! :thumbsup:

At the risk of misdirecting this thread what benefits has the Vortex exhaust given you? They make some pretty bold claims - I'm genuinely interested as, like you, I am aiming to keep my van for quite a while so can see a stainless exhaust in its future.

Thanks.

At the risk of misdirecting this thread what benefits has the Vortex exhaust given you? They make some pretty bold claims - I'm genuinely interested as, like you, I am aiming to keep my van for quite a while so can see a stainless exhaust in its future.

Thanks.
Ditto

Thanks.
Well to be fair I’ve only had the Vortex fitted on my T6 since the end of June and I’ve not done a lot of mileage, but I also have a Ford Ranger pickup and I had a Vortex exhaust fitted on that in 2014.
The Ranger doesn’t have the same emissions technology up front (catalytic converter, adblue, DPF), so is probably a lot simpler in terms of suck, squeeze, bang, blow, and all I can say is that the power delivery and drivability is more that of a car than a commercial vehicle or work truck and this is I’m sure in part due to the vortex. The mpg is better in the 2.5L Ranger than the 2.0L T6 (although I’ve not done any scientific testing, just the same journeys on the same roads) and there’s never been a hint of it failing an mot on the emissions. I’m sure over the years it’s helped to keep the engine running efficiently as I’ve seen similar vehicles blowing out black smoke/soot and I rarely if ever see any sign of this from my truck!
This is why I’ve gone with the vortex on my T6.... I’m hoping over the coming years it will prove to be a good investment!?

Well to be fair I’ve only had the Vortex fitted on my T6 since the end of June and I’ve not done a lot of mileage, but I also have a Ford Ranger pickup and I had a Vortex exhaust fitted on that in 2014.
The Ranger doesn’t have the same emissions technology up front (catalytic converter, adblue, DPF), so is probably a lot simpler in terms of suck, squeeze, bang, blow, and all I can say is that the power delivery and drivability is more that of a car than a commercial vehicle or work truck and this is I’m sure in part due to the vortex. The mpg is better in the 2.5L Ranger than the 2.0L T6 (although I’ve not done any scientific testing, just the same journeys on the same roads) and there’s never been a hint of it failing an mot on the emissions. I’m sure over the years it’s helped to keep the engine running efficiently as I’ve seen similar vehicles blowing out black smoke/soot and I rarely if ever see any sign of this from my truck!
This is why I’ve gone with the vortex on my T6.... I’m hoping over the coming years it will prove to be a good investment!?

Thanks - would be interested to hear your T6 experience as you put miles on it.

How much did you pay, if you're happy to say?

Thanks - would be interested to hear your T6 experience as you put miles on it.

How much did you pay, if you're happy to say?
As a returning customer I did get a slight discount, but I think it’s probably fair to get your own quote from Vortex :thumbsup:

Back