Michelin crossclimate 2 mpg

I get about 36mpg (LWB 150 DSG loaded camper) on long runs on crossclimates but then I'm running a much less extreme tyre size than you (235/55/17 @ 48psi).
Worth adding you should check tyre pressures when cold to ensure accuracy.
Tread pattern will have an effect on MPG and that will be shown on the EU label as a rating - interesting to see what the rating for both tyres says. But lots of other things will affect mpg too - heated mirrors, AC etc, stiffness of tyre walls which will vary with temperature, pressure, driving style (you may have more confidence with your new tyres and hoon the van round quicker without even realising.

We get significantly improved mpg with our winter tyres compared to our summer tyres, according to the dashboard display.
The real reason for this is that they are a slightly different circumference, which of course the van doesn't know.

The only truly accurate way to measure mpg is to do a known mileage (not measured by the van speedo) and then refill the van.

Pete
You'd have to use the same diesel pump each time due to calibration variances and make sure it's not a temperature compensated pump, look for 'At 15ºC on the display' where the pump measure varies with the fuel temperature in the station's tanks.

You'd have to use the same diesel pump each time due to calibration variances and make sure it's not a temperature compensated pump, look for 'At 15ºC on the display' where the pump measure varies with the fuel temperature in the station's tanks.
I sort of admire aiming for such precision but that's taking the anorak wearing to a whole new level;).

Back