MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

If you want to upgrade within your units software range (without any of the previously mentioned messing around) I can send you a link to the files. Download, extract to SD, and press update. Whether it will improve the unit in any way is probably a matter of opinion!
I'd be up for that if possible? Mine is an H31 currently on O361. Cheers, Coops

I'm unable to edit my previous post unfortunately, but I can now confirm that if Mibstd2 toolbox says you have "Alps UGZZF-1 A1A (BT+WiFi) FW: C194" it will successfully update to version C300 when updating to software 0478, and WiFi will continue to work :D
This is a very usefull info!

I have used the Mibstd2 toolbox to check which Bluetooth version is actually installed in my unit (H31): and I have verified that is basically the same of you:

Alps UGZZF-1 A1A (BT+WiFi) FW: C194

It's very nice to hear that I can upgrade to SW 0478 without loosing the WiFi functionality (I did pay for Car-Net service extension for 2 years)....even if I'm still reluctant to apply this SW update since it's not very clear to me if I will get real benefit (my target is to get the Vehicle icon/menu activated and to get the Sport Menu activated as well).

Can you please comment if I can really expect to have those features activated if I move to SW 0478?

This is a very usefull info!

I have used the Mibstd2 toolbox to check which Bluetooth version is actually installed in my unit (H31): and I have verified that is basically the same of you:

Alps UGZZF-1 A1A (BT+WiFi) FW: C194

It's very nice to hear that I can upgrade to SW 0478 without loosing the WiFi functionality (I did pay for Car-Net service extension for 2 years)....even if I'm still reluctant to apply this SW update since it's not very clear to me if I will get real benefit (my target is to get the Vehicle icon/menu activated and to get the Sport Menu activated as well).

Can you please comment if I can really expect to have those features activated if I move to SW 0478?
Hi,

In my own unit, I have both the 'Vehicle' menu and Sport menu available. SW 0478 is required along with the relevant SWaP code for Sport. Look to this video after 30 seconds -

Admittedly not many of the things in the Vehicle menu actually work, I think because it's looking for the can messages in the wrong places. A solution may be possible one day, I think dnoermann was looking into it.

There are ways of sorting out SWaP codes without paying VW for it nowadays if you need that doing too. Can't say too much on a public forum though.

I can't confirm that Car-Net would definitely work after having the software messed with. As I haven't got it on my own unit, I don't really know how it works or what checks it does (if any)

Hi,

In my own unit, I have both the 'Vehicle' menu and Sport menu available. SW 0478 is required along with the relevant SWaP code for Sport. Look to this video after 30 seconds -

Admittedly not many of the things in the Vehicle menu actually work, I think because it's looking for the can messages in the wrong places. A solution may be possible one day, I think dnoermann was looking into it.

There are ways of sorting out SWaP codes without paying VW for it nowadays if you need that doing too. Can't say too much on a public forum though.

I can't confirm that Car-Net would definitely work after having the software messed with. As I haven't got it on my own unit, I don't really know how it works or what checks it does (if any)
please someone help

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-14 at 14.35.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-14 at 14.36.18.jpeg

hello, to get the vehicle menu I have to have fec / swap code 60100, and then what should I enable in the car_function_adaptation_gen 2 menu? Thank you
Have you activated these two?

ENG122227-ENG117536-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_board_computer

ENG122227-ENG117538-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_board_computer_over_threshold_high

Reactions: mmi
Car-Net works no problem after software update and what is funny it also doesn't require active SWAP code as confirmed by @mmi.

Hai una domanda dovuta?

ITA122227-ITA117536-Adattamenti_funzione_auto_Gen2-menu_display_board_computer

ITA122227-ITA117538-Auto_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_board_computer_over_threshold_high
si, ma non funziona, non ho l'icona del veicolo nell'elenco.

Salve, non ho un pulsante di selezione, non ho affatto un'icona del veicolo nell'elenco
Pubblico le foto il prima possibile. Come posso generare admap con obd11? Grazie per l'aiuto

Back