MFD- mpg display

mark

VCDS User
T6 Pro
I know theirs a few on here who have mentioned that the MPG display is over reading the true figures, not exactly important in any way but....!

The numbers can be calibrated if you've vcds- instruments / adaptations / 499-display mpg, distance left .

The standard number is 100% , change to suit ,103 got mine bang on.

Might take a bit of time and some calcs to get it right - but it's worth it , surely ???

You're right Mark........not that important but why couldn't vw have calibrated it in the first place? Mine reads over by 5 to 6mpg which makes it a pointless feature. I do wonder if it throws other measurements out too.......I'm pretty sure it means my mileage is reading on the high side too? It's certainly something I'd play around with if I had vcds and knew how to use it? To what degree was yours reading over or under?

Funny. Over 30mpg mine becomes quite accurate 30 or under and it's goes out quite badly. I use it as a guide. Get it higher the better obviously. But decent to know it can be calibrated.

Funny. Over 30mpg mine becomes quite accurate 30 or under and it's goes out quite badly. I use it as a guide. Get it higher the better obviously. But decent to know it can be calibrated.
Agreed.....it would be nice to have an accurate readout.....otherwise, what's the bloody point of it?!

Mine was out by around 4 mpg, and quite consistant at that. Just bugged me having to contantly adjust the figures...

Mine was out by around 4 mpg, and quite consistant at that. Just bugged me having to contantly adjust the figures...
over by 4mpg, right? Do you know if this adjusts the mileometer too?

No odometer won't be programmable
The adaption is listed as 'display mpg' so will only adjust that parameter including distance to empty as they are tied together

Back