Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner

I bought some a few years back (not Meguiars) and found it a waste of time, it only removed brake dust and not the more stubborn stains.
Then I read about how the acids used in them could damage the wheels so I stopped using it.
A mate of mine raved about the stuff after buying a nice set of lacquered wheels - they didn't stay lacquered for long!

Hi @T6dder , I used to use an acid based wheel cleaner called wonder wheels until I got my new van and printed concrete drive way . Thought i would try Valet pro Billbery which is a non acid cleaner . Best cleaner I've used by far and won't ruin my drive way . I've bought a wheel brush to loosen the dirt and brake dust , wheels always come up nice and clean won't use anything else , fully recomend it .

I use Autobrites Very Cherry everytime I wash and every couple on months a misting over with Auto Finesse Iron X/Out.

Would suggest that video is a bit over the top to get that shiny but there is some pretty good stuff out there. I use Gyeon Q2M Iron and then Auto Finesse Imperial. To seal I use a few thin coats of Swissvax Autobahn.

Recently did a course with Autobrite, used their products so thought I'd learn how to use them from the experts. Found the purple rain non acid works really well. Was taught how to use the machine polisher etc, practised on the wife's car first, but stoked with the results. Obviously rate their products highly, and if you need advice give them a bell, the guy who owns and runs it is great for any help.

Just got some more Very Cherry non acid wheel cleaner from Autobrite. I said before, I really like it, for me it works really well. But can't believe the deal I got is right, maybe it is, it's still on their web site. 1 litre for £15, but 25 litres for £65. Sold 4 litres to work mates, £10 each, so got 21 litres for £25. Which made me quite happy.

Reactions: HHO
Back