Maxton V2 Splitter (Textured)

I agree, I’m thinking that maybe I should go back to standard grills and get rid of the gloss black stuff

I think the wife would kill me though:)

I agree, I’m thinking that maybe I should go back to standard grills and get rid of the gloss black stuff

I like the look of the gloss black when its all done. But i worry about stone chips to much.
A nice coat of ceramic sealer on the factory plastics darkens them up just right and beads water for months.

She may not notice and we will keep quiet and put it down to stone chip damage :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Anyone have fitment issues with the Maxton v2 splitter.
If I sit it flush with the lip on the original bumper the splitter sits quite far back and the side of the splitter sits into the wheel arch. (Pic 1)
If you level the splitter at the arches (Pic 2) then the rest of the splitter doesn't really follow the contours of the bumper.
15937827600794669479986062734237.jpg15937827935341219091934633849190.jpg15937828465345892064853373052701.jpg

Anyone have fitment issues with the Maxton v2 splitter.
If I sit it flush with the lip on the original bumper the splitter sits quite far back and the side of the splitter sits into the wheel arch. (Pic 1)
If you level the splitter at the arches (Pic 2) then the rest of the splitter doesn't really follow the contours of the bumper.
View attachment 76088View attachment 76089View attachment 76090

How did you get on with the fitment? I'm in a similar position where I don't like the gloss but also think the van needs a splitter. Happy with your decision and the quality of the Maxton V2?

How did you get on with the fitment? I'm in a similar position where I don't like the gloss but also think the van needs a splitter. Happy with your decision and the quality of the Maxton V2?
Over the moon with the textured one. The fitting is alot of fit....clamp...stand back....adjust....look again.
Bit of a faf but nothing difficult.
I found that making sure the sides sit flush with the arches makes the fit look spot on.

FWIW, I have just taken delivery of the textured splitter from Maxton. I went V1 though and think the finish is brilliant, and in line with the factory grilles that are on my Highline. I considered the gloss option, but it's just too pretty for me - and would have me constantly wiping it down (plus i'd have to replace all the front fittings to go gloss too!!). Its a good bit of kit.

Back