SkyLine PopTop - mattress

I've got the double 15 version, it's very comfy. There's no way mine would fit width ways into my HiLo roof, it's not far off being as wide as the back of my van.

Someone must know the width of a Skyline roof on here to help?

Our Skyline roof came with a memory foam mattress. Be careful not to go thicker than about 50mm or it stops the roof sitting down properly.

I am in the same boat, got the skyline aurora and their memory foam mattress last week, but they say you can not leave the mattress up top when closing the roof as it is too thick for the low profile aurora. Problem is, the mattress is huge and does not roll up easily as well as not being particularly comfortable, so it is going back.
I have looked everywhere for something to fit, from the vango california mattress (100cm wide 5cm thick) that some people say will fit with roof down, through to exped synmat duo lw (130cm wide 7.5cm thick) that even if it will not stay up there deflated, packs up small enough not to be a problem finding space for it. Exped do a non insulated duo mattress a bit cheaper that may be just as good for the warm environment of a van.
The Exped mats are very expensive but considering the 'memory' foam mattress from skyline is £80, at least it will be comfortable.

Hi

No it isn’t slatted just straight on to the boards, because it is thinner it is a lot stronger with a lot less give and less prone to air temp changes.

Another key point, it’s so thin when flat I just leave it up there.

I got one for my Skyline Aurora, works great. Just need a pump to inflate it.

Had electric pump for awning so literally is very quick - price to pay for not self inflating but a very small price to pay over practicality if easy deflation and storage

I've got the double 15 version, it's very comfy. There's no way mine would fit width ways into my HiLo roof, it's not far off being as wide as the back of my van.

Someone must know the width of a Skyline roof on here to help?
Sorry to jump on this old thread but I'm researching Hilo mattresses while my roof is being fitted! You've said you've gut the Vango Shangri-la Double 15 but the one I can find is 130cm wide, does that fit? I thought the roof board was only around 110cm wide.

Back