Matte Black Upper Grille Trim

TheSpiv

Hi all,

Hope you're keeping safe.

Looking for this, but in matt black for a T6 Highline, any ideas? Would rather buy the finished product as opposed to spraying/wrapping the existing.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 13.22.48.png

Thanks in advance.

I looked myself in the past but couldn't find any in black. Be interested to know if you find any

I too am after this. Any luck? Also would be interested in seeing some pics of what the grille looks like without any trim. Presumably its black underneath?

I know you said you didn't want to consider wrapping but ....
I bought a roll of black matt vinyl, took my silver trims off and stuck the black vinyl on. An easy job and cost less than a tenner. Looks good with a matt black badge, I've done the black gloss badge backing in matt as well. Someone on here gave me the idea.
Amazon link

Where you get your vinyl wrap from? What make was it etc? Honestly I feel a bit intimidated by it. Looks a bit fiddly.

I bought a roll of black matt vinyl, took my silver trims off and stuck the black vinyl on. An easy job and cost less than a tenner. Looks good with a matt black badge, I've done the black gloss badge backing in matt as well. Someone on here gave me the idea.
Amazon link
Any pics KR? May have to go down this route myself but in glass black.

Amazon link

Sorry for resurrecting this post again.

You mentioned about removing the silver trims, do these just unclip? Any tips on getting them off?

Cheers.

Amazon link
Thanks for the link

Sorry for resurrecting this post again.

You mentioned about removing the silver trims, do these just unclip? Any tips on getting them off?

Cheers.

Yes, they unclipped. They were tight so I was careful not to snap them. I can't actually remember much more than that, so it can't have been that bad.
Sorry for not being more helpful!

Yes, they unclipped. They were tight so I was careful not to snap them. I can't actually remember much more than that, so it can't have been that bad.
Sorry for not being more helpful!

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look a tomorrow.

Cheers.

View attachment 93303

An easy job. There may be a hint of grey on the picture of the 'wrap' but trust me, it's solid black and undetectable.
Thanks for this, I need to buy a new grille and have been looking for matt black and there seems to be nothing out there, apart from badgeless. So the answer seems to be to buy the cheapest grille out there and vinyl wrap it in matt black. Never tried wrapping before so it's probably a good move to learn on these small strips. Then might try the bonnet when it gets a bit warmer.

Thanks for this, I need to buy a new grille and have been looking for matt black and there seems to be nothing out there, apart from badgeless. So the answer seems to be to buy the cheapest grille out there and vinyl wrap it in matt black. Never tried wrapping before so it's probably a good move to learn on these small strips. Then might try the bonnet when it gets a bit warmer.
@Texxaco and @Baz..SVT have both lost their “wrapping virginity” and seem competent! I, naturally, remain virgo intact!

Thanks JOG..

IF it was me I wouldn't wrap a grill.. I would buy a gloss one scotch pad it a spray it..

If you’re only wrapping the strips you shouldn’t have any issues but a whole grill would be far from easy.

Thanks for the advice guys, scotchbriting and spraying does sound more logical and within my comfort zone so I’ll do that I think. I’ve ordered a gloss black one so I’ll probably do this next weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys, scotchbriting and spraying does sound more logical and within my comfort zone so I’ll do that I think. I’ve ordered a gloss black one so I’ll probably do this next weekend :thumbsup:
What bumper have you got.. Andy
One where you can change the grill I take it..
Just give it a light sand with a pad be fine

Back