Sold Matt Black Sportline Aloy Wheels (t5.1 Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
We have managed to come across a couple sets of the matt black T5.1 style wheels available, these were discontinued by VW last year and werent available for a while but VW have just released the last few sets they have in the UK
I think when these are gone that will be it !
Genuine VW wheels
PCD 5x120
18 x 8
Load rated for all weights so will fit any T5/T6

Set of 4 delivered £690 full VAT receipt provided

t5 matt black.jpg

T5 matt black sportline.jpg

We have managed to come across a couple sets of the matt black T5.1 style wheels available, these were discontinued by VW last year and werent available for a while but VW have just released the last few sets they have in the UK
I think when these are gone that will be it !
Genuine VW wheels
PCD 5x120
18 x 8
Load rated for all weights so will fit any T5/T6

Set of 4 delivered £690 full VAT receipt provided

View attachment 19176

View attachment 19175
very tempted Pauly...................what tyres would you recommend?

VW recommended size is 255/45/18
It’s quite a common size so there’s plenty of options available

These are the wheels I have on my van. In my opinion look much better than the newer versions, but then I would say that cos if I keep telling myself i’ll become convinced, and then I won’t yearn for some 20’s or 21’s!:rolleyes:

Im tempted as whilst I like mine the fact they have a silver rim around them highlights they are not 20 inch ha

These are the wheels I have on my van. In my opinion look much better than the newer versions, but then I would say that cos if I keep telling myself i’ll become convinced, and then I won’t yearn for some 20’s or 21’s!:rolleyes:

I’m tempted so that I can move away from 20’s. I hear the ride is so much better on 17/18’s.

I was thinking of these, for my bboo green T32 LWB, along with 30mm eibach T32 springs (warranty). What do people think of these wheels? The other thing I was thinking was some nice gunmetal (JUDD?) 19" Turbine-style with 40mm H&R springs and stuff the warranty. The thing about these gloss black is that they are cheaper and I know that they will not foul the T32 calipers. Any advice? Thx.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
They are crap @clufus I think you should sell to me cheap :rofl:
Seriously I think they are the best sportlines alloy design vw have done, and the 30mm drop is very subtle.

They are crap @clufus I think you should sell to me cheap :rofl:
Seriously I think they are the best sportlines alloy design vw have done, and the 30mm drop is very subtle.
Thank you - looking for something that will suit the metallic green (with polished trapezoid side bars) - tricky. This option keeps me in warranty.

Thank you - looking for something that will suit the metallic green (with polished trapezoid side bars) - tricky. This option keeps me in warranty.
I think it will look spot on, I'm really happy with the 30mm drop on mine.

Yes that’s the vehicle recommendation but the wheel info only recommends the 255 size.
If it’s not a T32 then potentially you could go either way

They do look so much better though, I think. I read a lot that the newer diamond cut design just looks tatty after even a short period of time. All black wheels appear to weather better. I'm looking at either these wheels or the earlier gloss black Sportlines above. I sway between the 2 which usually means I do nothing and will continue on the steels. :thumbsdown:

They do look so much better though, I think. I read a lot that the newer diamond cut design just looks tatty after even a short period of time. All black wheels appear to weather better. I'm looking at either these wheels or the earlier gloss black Sportlines above. I sway between the 2 which usually means I do nothing and will continue on the steels. :thumbsdown:
Agree @Twenty Four, there have been several reports of the diamond cut polished parts of the newer sportline wheels fading, changing colour, deteriorating. I believe that Pauly may even have removed such rims for sale from the Forum shop for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back