Marco Polo

I've got a similar size sink in mine (Westfalia converted the Marco Polo for Merc) though it's brushed ally rather than chrome. It's a bit of a pain being small, but my little plastic bowl fits in it and can be lifted out if necessary. In the end though, it's not a deal breaker, it's probably the least important factor when I was picking a van. Biggest problem with it is because it's right at the back of the van I crack my head on the rear when I'm doing my teeth :D

Back on topic though, I don't like the MP, it looks a bit of a dogs dinner and the seats look really uncomfortable to sleep on

I've got a similar size sink in mine (Westfalia converted the Marco Polo for Merc) though it's brushed ally rather than chrome. It's a bit of a pain being small, but my little plastic bowl fits in it and can be lifted out if necessary. In the end though, it's not a deal breaker, it's probably the least important factor when I was picking a van. Biggest problem with it is because it's right at the back of the van I crack my head on the rear when I'm doing my teeth :D

Back on topic though, I don't like the MP, it looks a bit of a dogs dinner and the seats look really uncomfortable to sleep on

TBF the Cali bed needs a topper to prevent it from being a torture device.
We put up with it on our first trip to Scotland (in the old California) then admitted we needed a topper! Got a Zonesleep which was great and now on our second (b0th California and Zonesleep topper)!

I have to admit I like the look of the Marco Polo - it looks modern inside which is rare in any sort of camper/motorhome that i've seen (and I have been looking recently).
The shape of the bowl is of no interest to me as long as I can fit the kettle under the tap to fill it up - in 8 years of Cali ownership i've never washed up in our sink as it's so small.
The thing I don't like is the fact that the table and deckchairs are just tossed in the boot, there are no clever storage places for them like the Cali so it severely limits boot space (or they get left in the garage at home)!

@Polzeylad - not sure if you've seen the MP that is in the showroom at Truro MB? They've got a 220 Sport in there which we've just looked round yesterday.

Agree with your comments re style over substance.

The roof bed base doesn't even have gas struts to hold it up out of the way - it's held up with little plastic hooks and tabs. Stuff like this is strange when all of the rear bench seating is electric and it comes with electric side door and tailgate!?

If you want a practical camper Bilbos are the ones.

Not cheap but more practical design than either this or the Cali, I have a LWB with a pop top that give lots of space.

Rear wheel drive vans, when lightly loaded are not too good; fine when loaded, in my experience.
One big advantage of rear wheel drive is often better steering lock.

Pros & cons RWD more robust as front end just steering but grip is an issue, I drive a London Cab (RWD) and any slight iciness etc and it's a roller skate.

Back