Marco Polo

While the "salad bowl" sink is economical with water to fill it, the shape is impractical to use as it impossible to immerse pots and pans.

Totally agreed @Polzeylad a lot of gloss and surface. Don't like the lack of gearbox choice and little choice of options. For the champagne posers I feel.
Indeed - having done three long tours plus many other shorter ones, my camper head is twitching at all those glossy dark surfaces (the comfort dash on the T6 is bad enough), the comedy "bowl" sink and other bits that may look the part but don't actually work well at all. And that dash is just a bit naff with it's stick on iPad (Mercedes seem to love this idea - it's pants).
The T6 Cali Ocean (and Caravelle) almost tip into style over substance in a couple of areas, this Merc jumps in headfirst.

But its good to see some competition to keep VW on it's toes; the layout is clearly an exact copy of the Cali! Oh and an extra grand and a half for a heater; eh?!

Last edited:
I looked over the one in the showroom in Bristol on Tuesday and it was not as refined as the Cali and the bed looks horrendous made up of contoured single rear seats and rear storage box. Plus the pop roof fabric has no built in strips to pull the fabric in as it closes so expect a few kinked roofs when the material gets caught in the scissor mechanism.

Last edited:
I think it looks decent exterior and interior tbh

160 and 190bhp is not that shabby and the auto box has multiple settings and doesnt suffer DSG issues - at least mine didnt.

If its like C-class or above in terms of quality it will be strong competition imho

I think it looks decent exterior and interior tbh

160 and 190bhp is not that shabby and the auto box has multiple settings and doesnt suffer DSG issues - at least mine didnt.

If its like C-class or above in terms of quality it will be strong competition imho

Only if you want to wash your hands in a salad bowl...

What do you expect, a belfast sink maybe.
No, just something more utilitarian than a "salad bowl" which is useless as a sink. Round sinks with a vertical side ( note there can only be one side in a circular bowl - and forget the old gag of two, the inside and outside) are used in a number of towed vans but they are not dished from the rim to a central waste.

Think it's a form over function thing with merc... We're upper crust, but lost it, as we normally use a posh nosh place, and only need to rinse our champagne glasses at a shoot approach.....

Btw I'm taking the piddle to make a point....

To be honest washing up in the California sink is only to be done in the vilest of weather - it's tiny.
We generally use a small Trug bucket thingy or a campsite sink if available.
Handy for rinsing mugs and brushing teeth though. And the tap is ideal for kettle filling!

Back