VW Sat Nav Map Update - How We Did It -

HI I tried to do the update, it failed, so now get this error, can anybody please tell me how to fix it?

IMG_1080 copy.jpg

Sorry it did not upload properly, please find enclosed.

Issue is that get message: Please insert a medium with valid navigation data, but this was original SD card and without any changes!

IMG_1080 copy.jpg

You need to put the card back into a computer and double check the contents
In the root of the sd card you should see a folder called ‘maps’ and nothing else, most common mistake is downloading the maps (which come as a zip file) and not unzipping them before loading to the card

Thanks, the file that I have now downloaded is too big for my standard 16gb card, so awaiting a 32gb, I will then try again, thank you for all of your help.

One this this is how my current card looks including the Speeding camera POI's does it look right?Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 10.57.13.png

Thanks, the file that I have now downloaded is too big for my standard 16gb card, so awaiting a 32gb, I will then try again, thank you for all of your help.

One this this is how my current card looks including the Speeding camera POI's does it look right?View attachment 138228
Unless you hack your head unit, a standard sd card won’t work. It has to be a specific VW one.

Well, thats the end of that idea then! I will contact Paul for an exchange instead.
Or…..rather than trying to load the map for the the whole of Western Europe you could choice a smaller map from those offered covering fewer countrie?

one thing to note re map updates; I updated mine earlier this year but find that although the actual maps have been updated showing new roads, roundabouts etc., the speed limit symbol in the uppper left hand corner is still showing speed limits that are 3 - 4 years out of date.

So my Discover media on my iMac keeps throwing up an error when i try to download the latest to my 32gb card: it won’t even start the download. so i am now going to try it manually. Off to austria next week I hope I do not screw it up :oops:

So my Discover media on my iMac keeps throwing up an error when i try to download the latest to my 32gb card: it won’t even start the download. so i am now going to try it manually. Off to austria next week I hope I do not screw it up :oops:
Speak with @DavTec they are doing mine (remotely) on Friday.

Hello all,

I got a Tiguan 2021 from Germany and shipped it to Egypt.
I have the same problem, that the navigation is not working in Egypt.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a SD card in my car
But what I did is that I downloaded the bundle for Africa and Middle East (which include Egypt), I got a USB-C Stick and unzipped the maps directly in the stick.

1693693705379.png

This is what I have in my USB stick.

I followed the steps like here: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/manuals/Discover_Media_Gen.3_November_2020.pdf

But I never got the maps updated. I left my car running for more than 30 mins and I did not get the navigation database update, is there any recommendation how to do it?

Hello all,

I got a Tiguan 2021 from Germany and shipped it to Egypt.
I have the same problem, that the navigation is not working in Egypt.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a SD card in my car
But what I did is that I downloaded the bundle for Africa and Middle East (which include Egypt), I got a USB-C Stick and unzipped the maps directly in the stick.

View attachment 212085

This is what I have in my USB stick.

I followed the steps like here: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/manuals/Discover_Media_Gen.3_November_2020.pdf

But I never got the maps updated. I left my car running for more than 30 mins and I did not get the navigation database update, is there any recommendation how to do it?
You may be better starting a MIB3 navigation specific thread rather than attaching the same question to each MIB2 navigation thread (which is a different system and a different way of updating)

Back