Manchester Van Service Centre...avoid!

Took mine in to vw Liverpool, they done my cam belt and water pump, plus I know one of the guys there and he’s great. Too service.

Sheffield JCT600 were very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
As discussed elsewhere here on T6F, when my local ‘official’ VW van centre in Cheltenham closed, I had a very helpful letter from Inchcape advising me not to worry as their place in Manchester had plenty of spare capacity to cater for all my servicing needs. Maybe it’s just me but I took the view that a round trip of of some 300 miles for a service was a bit excessive! Looks like I dodged a bullet in deciding not to use Manchester.

Another vote for Sheffield JCT600. I chose them after recommendation from @Phil_G last year and they’ve been thoroughly professional on the two occasions it’s been to them for service. Not a million miles from Manchester either.

yeah Manchester said they could do a job on the radio in my t6, went back as job not right then killed the radio . Would not replace the radio but offered me the labour cost back
No way would I step back in that place

Any one know if the Peterborough VW van centre is any good as mines due a service.
Cheers

Another thanks for the link @Skyliner33.
I'm Nr Wigan so its doable. Will probably have the full works done in June, Service, Cam&waterpump, MOT.
Question for @Skyliner33, how long did it take before taking your van in for the job from you phoneing them? Just so I can sort of plan things. May need to get number one Daughter to pick meup and drop me off so to speak. SWMBO doesn't drive so can't use the run around Kia.

Last edited:
Another thanks for the link @Skyliner33.
I'm Nr Wigan so its doable. Will probably have the full works done in June, Service, Cam&waterpump, MOT.
Question for @Skyliner33, how long did it take before taking your van in for the job from you phoneing them? Just so I can sort of plan things. May need to get number one Daughter to pick meup and drop me off so to speak. SWMBO doesn't drive so can't use the run around Kia.

I think my timings were unusual due to Xmas and new year etc. I would either phone or email. I’m sure he will sort you out.

I sent first email on 20th Dec.

I’d never go back to Liverpool again after the shite after sales they gave me. Had a load of issues after I bought the van and they weren’t interested and wanted to charge me an inspection fee to diagnose the problems!

I now travel to Wrexham VW, always a top service from them and have always pushed and got things through warranty or good will gesture

I’d never go back to Liverpool again after the shite after sales they gave me. Had a load of issues after I bought the van and they weren’t interested and wanted to charge me an inspection fee to diagnose the problems!

I now travel to Wrexham VW, always a top service from them and have always pushed and got things through warranty or good will gesture

Oh dear, it doesn't take much for a service centre to drop by the way side. Just a good manager to leave and an attitude of that will do and all goes to rat shit!!!!

Another for Vagtechnik

Chatted about cambelt and brakes in Nov. Emailed late Dec and booked in jan 8th.

Great service. Would recommend.

s

Any one know if the Peterborough VW van centre is any good as mines due a service.
Cheers

My Kombi was purchased from VW Peterboro so I assumed I'd return there but the only time I've called out VW assist, the fella recommended Spalding VW. As it's virtually the same distance from me as Peterboro, I'm off there on Monday for its inspection.

My Kombi was purchased from VW Peterboro so I assumed I'd return there but the only time I've called out VW assist, the fella recommended Spalding

VW. As it's virtually the same distance from me as Peterboro, I'm off there on Monday for its inspection.

Cheers for the reply, I will give them a go.

Back