Manchester Van Service Centre...avoid!

fezza68

Seize the day.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had a sld issue on my shuttle,basically it locked itself and wouldnt open from inside or out. So booked it in to mvsc where it was diagnosed as a faulty module and wiring,the bus is 6 months old!. They gave me a vw crafter as a courtesy car ffs.(i give them a people carrier). After having my bus for 2 days they told me it was ready to collect,smashing.when cleaning the van i came upon this.see pics. Fuming isnt the word,if this is the standard of work they are turning out on what should be a simple job well god help us. They are replacing the door panel. I will never use this outfit again.IMG_20190729_184924.jpg IMG_20190729_184903.jpg IMG_20190729_184821.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I assume it’s Inchcape? Their MR retail arm is just a p1ss poor.

its worth the drive to liverpool VWCV mate, piece of mind!

Gutted for you though, hope it gets sorted

Shocking, did they think they’d get away with it!!
Think it may have to be Liverpool for me for any future work as they were first owners before conversion company
Hope it gets sorted

I dont mind the drive to liverpool,are they any good?. They are replacing the door card but im reluctant to let them anywhere near it again. Although they are replacing the door card with no argument,its the couldnt care less attitude..."we are all human" was one response!. "We can come and collect the vehicle"...as if id let them drive it when they cant even put a door card back on.

Yep they did the same to me, told them to not wash the van and then i turned up to find it wet... took it home to find they had scratched the wing in 3 places.....
they never answer the phone, tell some massive lies, not interested in customer care, not after your repeat business.... they really only want trade vans in because they know the workmanship will never be looked at....

I`d be interested in how good vw liverpool are

It’s not the only sh*t dealer, took mine to Birmingham van center today, I get a text asking” did I know I had a scuff on the rear bumper” , as it was I was on my way there anyway, got there and said no I didn’t know about a scuff they showed me, omg, I told them it wasn’t there this morning !! so after a discussion they looked in they’re cctv, turns out the muppet that washed it backed it into a fence, but didn’t know!!!! Wtf!!! It has parking sensors how could you not know !!

It’s not the only sh*t dealer, took mine to Birmingham van center today, I get a text asking” did I know I had a scuff on the rear bumper” , as it was I was on my way there anyway, got there and said no I didn’t know about a scuff they showed me, omg, I told them it wasn’t there this morning !! so after a discussion they looked in they’re cctv, turns out the muppet that washed it backed it into a fence, but didn’t know!!!! Wtf!!! It has parking sensors how could you not know !!
I have had a shit time VW Birmingham (swansway), sold me my Caravelle with a faulty sliding door lock. With the hour of picking the vehicle they just said take it to your local VW..... tossers

Feckin hell..we are all in the same boat it seems. But good to get some feedback on liverpool and preston where i got it from in the 1st place.

Unfortunately there are some diabolical VWCV centres out there, who swear by the attitude of “its only a van, what’s your problem?”.
There are some good ones, but they are few and far between. Fortunately that is where this forum comes into its own; where members share their experiences we can all ensure we only go to those dealerships that are worthy.

Well that's me knackered then as Wrexham is my closest and they are dire, was thinking about taking mine to Birmingham but that seems just as bad.
It will be out of warranty next March so will have some freedom of choice then.

We have used Liverpool for our last 5 vans and would not go anywhere else. We even go to them for servicing and that entails more then 500 mile round trips. John Kilby is the service manager and a top bloke in our experience.
Liverpool is sounding very tempting. However, Darling daughter is going to Liverpool University in September so not only would it be a 150 mile round trip but would end up costing me a fortune if I visited her whilst waiting for my van.
This van costs me soo much money in ways I never dreamt were possible.:(

Last edited:
Took mine to my local VW recently for a service. The chap walked around the van with me, asking to highlight any external damage. They take pictures before it's taken into the workshops. Not sure if this is someone who has tried to pull a fast one or they have dodgy drivers.

Hi all am from Manchester and take mine to Cleckheaton just off the m62
Been three times now and the service is amazing
The care as also been amazing . Just had the drivers side door seal replaced on warranty , checked everywhere not a mark
They are only a service center, no sales
Also would not step foot in Manchester ever again

Took mine to my local VW recently for a service. The chap walked around the van with me, asking to highlight any external damage. They take pictures before it's taken into the workshops. Not sure if this is someone who has tried to pull a fast one or they have dodgy drivers.
They do this at my local dealer too.

Back