How you finding them? much modification? it says in the tips about cutting plastic and seat materials, and mentioned they may rock now... but not make any noise.

Also how fast was delivery? am i pushing it for friday...

Friday should be more than possible. Just give them a shout on their Facebook page, they are good at replying.

They are good, nice and study. Drivers seat does raise up a lot and you do have to cut the trim if you want the seat as low as it will go. I’ve not had a handbrake issue, is rubs slightly when moving round.

Passenger seat had been squeaking a lot! Need to put some Telflon spray or grease on it.

Been looking at awnings in some local camping shops.. Settled on a Vango Airhub Hexaway.. Was going to go for a second hand version off ebay or ex display model.

Got a great deal from Bognor Motors in the end on the 2019 model, heard the latest model is well worth it for the new material.

Now time to work out how I am going to fix it to the van.. More on that later!

IMG_6633.jpg IMG_6631.jpg IMG_6634.jpg IMG_6635.jpg IMG_6630.jpg IMG_6637.jpg IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

I have exactly the same setup and got my awning rail from Camper Easentials. They were very helpful and I would recommend.

Nothing to do with the awning rail but on first use of the awning I did find it rubs the paintwork slightly on the side of van. I am in the process of getting to automotive vinyl cut to the panel shape so that I can just add it when camping to prevent any paint damage.

Thanks for the advice.. Not sure I am going the rail route.. Got some ideas..

For sure I am going to run some protective tape across the roof and down the side of the van where it sits against the van..

First trip down to Devon/Cornwall.. Not staying in the van but will use it while we are down there for day trips.

IMG_2043.jpg

Lots of coffee needed for the long trip down there...

IMG_2044.jpg

250+ miles later.. She did well, cruises well on the motorway but driving into the wind I only saw just over 20mpg..

IMG_2063.jpg IMG_2158.jpg IMG_2153.jpg

Someone couldn't hack the pace!!

IMG_2227.jpg

Took me a while to work out which method I was going with but ended up on Swell shades.. They simple and very effective.. They are blackout and you still retain the full window aperture.

I'll put some more pictures up soon.

IMG_2299.jpg IMG_2299.jpg IMG_2298.jpg IMG_2304.jpg IMG_2300.jpg IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Popped down to see my parents on a holiday camp site.. Couldn't resist popping the roof..

IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2330.jpg

Thanks... Made my own in the end.. Just used a piece of awning kador strip and pull it tight across the roof bolt fixings.. There is long section in the middle thats not supported but it seemed to work well.

I have fitted PPF along the top of the roof. Will have to see what its like in the wind.

Hi there- we're thinking of Swell shades for our T6 conversion. I much prefer the look of blinds but our converter is resistant and says that all blinds are rattly. Having said that he hadn't had experience of Swell Shades- have you found them noisy at all?

Hi there- we're thinking of Swell shades for our T6 conversion. I much prefer the look of blinds but our converter is resistant and says that all blinds are rattly. Having said that he hadn't had experience of Swell Shades- have you found them noisy at all?

Not noisy at all. They are brilliant, it’s just the price!

Hi Knobby. I was wondering what solar panel you used during your conversion? I noticed in another post you were using CTEK equipmemt, like.me. I'm working on my T6 at the moment, and I'm getting to the point where I need to order a panel. Many thanks, Andy

Hey

This is the panel I used. The first first one was 120-130 watt which I didn’t think was hit enough. That one failed and I replaced with a 160watt version which was perfect and fitted better on the roof.

Back