mainbeam/flash problem with H7’s [Resolved]

Smithy8

My highbeam won't turn off and also the pass/flash function won't work. I have travellinlite drl headlights fitted which have been working great for the 12 months I've had them. I assumed it was the switch column so got a new one from VW but still not fixed the problem. Travellinlite are getting back to me on Monday and are talking about a replacement but hoping there's an easier fix than changing the headlights

I've still got this problem guys, I've plugged the original lights back in but still no good. Not sure when the issue started but the only thing I've done electrical wise to the van is fit internal led roof lights, not sure if that was before or after the fault. Any ideas before I take it to main dealers, cheers

It could be anything, I'd try disconnecting the LEDs you installed if you can't remember when the fault started but unless you've crossed a connection or something it probably isn't that.

As with everything in a modern vehicle first thing to do would be to plug it in and see if it's logged any faults in the BCM

sorted it! it turns out when I fitted the ceiling lights I'd piggy backed off a 5amp fuse that is for the dip/flash operation, didn't even realise there was a separate fuse for this(vw don't help by not listing it on the fuse box cover), so disconnected it and the headlights are now working as they should. Next question, which fuse would you recommend for a constant power supply for my ceiling lights.
thanks so much for your help

Reactions: mmi
sorted it! it turns out when I fitted the ceiling lights I'd piggy backed off a 5amp fuse that is for the dip/flash operation, didn't even realise there was a separate fuse for this(vw don't help by not listing it on the fuse box cover), so disconnected it and the headlights are now working as they should. Next question, which fuse would you recommend for a constant power supply for my ceiling lights.
thanks so much for your help
That's one of the benefits of become g a VIP member on here there's a stack of useful drawings and lists such as which fuses do what. Might be worth considering for the future.

Back