Magnetic Seat Base Trim From Evo Design

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
Pic for clarity.

magnetic-seat-back-panel2.jpg

Anyone used them? How strong is the magnet? I don't want them falling off under normal use! I think I'll be able to get the Erberspacher outlet to look nicer than i can using the OEM plastic jobby.

I think I bought the panel without the magnet, and added magnets myself. You can get super strong magnets on EBay very cheaply, so can fix it yourself if they aren’t strong enough.

Pete

IMG_0180.jpg I have something very similar but from Clearcut. I bought some extra magnets from ebay for a couple of quid and glued them on to the back,holds fine. Look better than originals in my opinion and better for fixing sockets etc to if you wish. It is a cack photo but thats one of mine in the bottom right

I think I bought the panel without the magnet, and added magnets myself. You can get super strong magnets on EBay very cheaply, so can fix it yourself if they aren’t strong enough.

Pete

I thought about bulking them up a bit with neodymium magnets if the supplied magnets weren't up to task. I've used them with RC cars before to great effect. It's good to know that my theory has been tried and tested.

I have something very similar but from Clearcut. I bought some extra magnets from ebay for a couple of quid and glued them on to the back,holds fine. Look better than originals in my opinion and better for fixing sockets etc to if you wish. It is a cack photo but thats one of mine in the bottom right

It was clear Clearcut where I saw them first but the colour choice wasn't as wide and they were a quid more each!

I also think they look better. I just need to choose a neutral colour as I intend to karndean the floor eventually.

Thanks for the replies fellas!

How do you get on using on of these magnetic seat back panels when you have electrics wired into them? I have fitted a Rusty Lee swivel base to my T6 passenger seat and now the plastic trim doesn’t fit. I have a base to fit to the drivers seat as well but I plan to have usb and a socket connection in the panel from the leisure electrics that I will install under that seat.

Hello @davecdjt ,i have magnetic bases on both seats with electrics wired into them and swivels on both seats although the swivels are Sportscraft ones. Both of them work fine,hope this helps

Martin, thanks for your reply. I imagine the magnets hold the panel securely so that the electrics are not ’pulled out’? I think I’ll go ahead and order a pair of panels for the seats.

Back