1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magazines

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Chopman, 21 Dec 2016.

1. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread to ask this, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Do people read magazines and if so which one do they prefer and why? It seems that the 2 obvious ones are VWt magazine or VW BUS.

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    VWt for me as is seems to do a bit of everything ie vans/campers/lowering/styling etc etc

3. Walski

Walski Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I get both, and Volksworld (oh and Evo too). Agree with @Pauly, I think VWt is my fav van mag

4. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Grape Yellow Beach VIP Member T6 Legend

I thought of asking that question but forgot. Used to get a couple of Motorsports mags years ago the Mini mags but I have wondered what the best VW may to get is

5. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I've got a few copies of VW BUS and it's been a decent read with advice, hints, tips and some great conversions. Maybe it's worth getting a few copies of VWt over the coming months as well - strictly to do a scientific comparison of course ;):thumbsup:

Roadrunner likes this.
  6. Vinci

Vinci Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    As a newbie, I get both magazines for ideas and guidance.....enjoy both and with the advice of The Forum hopefully I won't make too many seriously bad cock-ups internally or externally once I get my hands on my van!!!!!

7. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I purchase both too..... would like to see my bus in print one day.

Fish likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Member

Map
    Giving life to an old thread..

What magazines do you buy?
    Iv only really noticed VW BUS in the shops.

4627.gif

9. Chrisfraser05

Chrisfraser05 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I was getting them both but stopped. It was the same thing in both every month, I was getting the same info and pics on here before I'd read the mags so they started piling up in the house unread.

Ghost likes this.
  10. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Both 4 me

Ghost likes this.
  11. VDubnewby666

VDubnewby666 Young at heart VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I get VWt on subscription and then buy (occasionally) T4/5+. I sometimes think there are the same features but generally there both ok. (Better than woman’s realm :slow rofl:

Peatey and Ghost like this.
  12. Phil_G

Phil_G Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

'Campervan' is one of my favourites. 'MBUK' for the photography rather than the mountain bikes, and 'Performance Bikes'.
    Nothing on subscription, I just buy one if it looks interesting. The CCC's own magazine has been very good of late too.

Ghost likes this.
  13. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Also get Campervan, though iPad version. Oh and Cbeebies... :whistle:

14. Ghost

Ghost Member

Map
    I like the look of Campervan, I will hunt that down. :thumbsup:

My photography choice is ‘PhotoPlus’ it’s aimed at Canon DSLR users.
    ‘Stuff’ for gadgets, and enjoy the odd car mag, but don’t support just one, it’s whatever catches my eye, ‘Modern Classics was the last one I picked up.

15. simon

simon Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    VWT for me. A bit of everything in it. Got 4 issues unread ready for the trip away this summer.

Ghost likes this.