LWB Shuttle insulating

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Im finally the proud owner of a LWB T6 Shuttle SE.

Has anyone 3 staged the inside of one? Im trying to spec up how much I need to order and whether the silent coat 2mm needs to be done under the carpet in the cab and rear of the van?

I was going to order

2 x Silent coat 2mm
1 x Dodo Thermo Van Liner 3m
1 x Dodo Thermo fleece (100mm)

Does the Shuttle have any insulation behind all the plastic panels/ roof lining? Can you install insultation and reinstall the original plastic lining trim?

I currently have my Shuttle in bits and there are a few token bits of insulation/sound proofing.. if you need to know anything in particular let me know.

20201119_094750.jpg

20201122_125321.jpg

20201122_135916.jpg

I currently have my Shuttle in bits and there are a few token bits of insulation/sound proofing.. if you need to know anything in particular let me know.

View attachment 92805

View attachment 9280

View attachment 92806

View attachment 92807
Hi, I’m just about to strip the rear of my shuttle out to remove the seat anchors, fit a new floor and have a 3/4 sliding bed fitted. Are the rear side panels difficult to remove? Do they just need a good pull to get them off?? Do the blinds come off easy?
cheers!

Perfect, thank you. The pictures are very helpful to see behind the panels.
One more question, now you have the floor stripped out what do you intend to lay down? There’s lots of confusing advice regarding sound deadening/insulation, I’m not sure what to put under the ply to make it the right height to match the door steps?

I put down 2mm silent coat and then put the carpet back down. I only did 50% coverage and to be honest it made no sound difference. The SE carpet is very thick so has good sound properties already. Good luck with your build.

Looking good, but I have to agree with the sound deadening comment. Really no need on a shuttle with all carpet. Mine is also lowered on 20’s and it is so quiet. Kombis and panel vans are noise boxes.
Will be insulating it though when I get some time, but not sure I’ll pull the roof down. That looks a pain.
Good pics :thumbsup:

Perfect, thank you. The pictures are very helpful to see behind the panels.
One more question, now you have the floor stripped out what do you intend to lay down? There’s lots of confusing advice regarding sound deadening/insulation, I’m not sure what to put under the ply to make it the right height to match the door steps?
Have you seen this thread as it has more pictures. https://www.t6forum.com/threads/shuttle-day-van-conversion.24066/

Looking at the pictures of the stripped Shuttle, I can't see any extra sound proofing/insulation on top of what I found in my Kombi, but they are quieter, I've driven a few.

Back