‘LPG on board’ stickers?

Victor19

T6 Pro
Evening all
Our converted camper has an internal gas locker with butane bottle only used for cooking purposes.
The conversion company have put an lpg warning sticker on r.h rear door which is bugging me as it spoils the look of the van.
Can I remove it?
Found this on justkampers website

If you’re using your vehicle for work purposes and it’s carrying compressed gas, you must show a sticker alerting people. If you’re not using your vehicle for work, but are still carrying compressed gas, then we’d still advise having a warning sticker on display while you’re carrying the gas.

Not using it for work purposes so I should be OK to remove it
Can't find any legal requirement only advisory info.
However what if I'm travelling in Europe will I need it then?

I’ve got an underslung lpg tank with no sticker - leisure vehicle. No idea about the legality but would be interested in others’ knowledge.

Mine came with no warning sticker, VW’s own California doesn’t have one, I reckon that means it’s not required

I remember a fireman saying in reply to this question on campers/motorhomes that they automatically assume that a motorcaravan has gas on board, but with all these pop-topped vehicles that don't outwardly resemble a motorcaravan I don't suppose that they would assume that on them. In that case a sticker does appear sensible. Any vehicle fire has a risk of explosion but a heated gas tank is still dangerous long after the initial fire has gone I understand. I have never seen a LPG powered car with a big sticker on though so the question is still open.:confused:

Back