Lowering Ocean with DCC

Astech101

Hi all, looking to lower our 2021 Ocean and have the DCC option. I'm aware the DCC only really affects the dampers and was wondering if anyone had any experience of lowering a Cali with DCC?

Cheers, Matt.

If you don't get a better answer I googled it and it seems that with golfs it is possible to lower them with DCC.

Do you want to keep the DCC dampers, or lower it on aftermarket coilovers?

I want to keep the standard DCC dampers and just lower it 30-50mm on decent springs (Eibach etc).
Sorry being late to this party . If you don’t want to get rid of the DCC. We can’t go too low. They simply won’t like it and the ride will be bad. Need to be careful what springs you buy as most of them won’t give a suitable drop in a heavy vehicle like yours. , we do have springs that can do it. Give us a call and I’ll talk you through it. ,

Yeah it seems like it’s been done plenty of times by Mk7 & 8 owners.
Yes we do see it a lot on. Golfs. And it works. But. It won’t work on a golf with a 500 kilo payload. And the California is a van carrying 500 kilos. The springs need to be special and 99 % won’t work well

Having done away with DCC on a Scirocco and replaced it with new springs and dampers, I'd say that the correct spring and damper set up is equal, if not better than DCC, if you are happy to forego the adjustability. We fitted a DCC delete kit, which are some sort of resistors that plug in place of the original dampers to keep the car happy. I've looked for Transporter ones, but can't find any, so that might not be an option.

Having done away with DCC on a Scirocco and replaced it with new springs and dampers, I'd say that the correct spring and damper set up is equal, if not better than DCC, if you are happy to forego the adjustability. We fitted a DCC delete kit, which are some sort of resistors that plug in place of the original dampers to keep the car happy. I've looked for Transporter ones, but can't find any, so that might not be an option.
We have them available. And I personally would always go the DCC delete because the standard shocks weren’t designed to work ln lowered vans actually .

I want to keep the standard DCC dampers and just lower it 30-50mm on decent springs (Eibach etc).
What did you end up doing

Is yours a California or PV?

Can any VCDS user confirm if the DCC can be cancelled out in the ECU

Things may have changed, but it wasn't possible with our Scirocco. It needed KW DCC delete modules that you connect to the plug that goes to the original dampers.

Reactions: Eli
Can any VCDS user confirm if the DCC can be cancelled out in the ECU
I am not sure even the VW workshop system can delete the function of DCC Bud VCDS wont be able to do it . If it can that would be a bonus ??

Back