Lowering 80mm

hi all i am looking to lower my t6 t28 want to drop about 80mm but have 20" with 175/40/20's will i have any problems and any advise on coiler kits
thanks jason

I think you’ve typed your tyre size incorrectly. A 275/35 will work Better - what are your wheels specs?

My van has finally arrived after 16 months a T30 4 motion ,and I went and had a look at it today.
I measured the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch and it is 480mm.
I don't know if it will settle a bit once driven, But I want to get it to about 400mm gap from centre of wheel to top of arch. Have many had to drop 80mm. I was going to get the Koni off Steve at CRS but I think I will have to go with STX at that drop. Your advice please Steve. And at that drop will I need longer drop links.
I am in Oz

My van has finally arrived after 16 months a T30 4 motion ,and I went and had a look at it today.
I measured the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch and it is 480mm.
I don't know if it will settle a bit once driven, But I want to get it to about 400mm gap from centre of wheel to top of arch. Have many had to drop 80mm. I was going to get the Koni off Steve at CRS but I think I will have to go with STX at that drop. Your advice please Steve. And at that drop will I need longer drop links. I am in OZ
As far as I know, STX will only go to 65mm not the 80 you require.

FOr 80mm you will need the H&R/ koni setup.
Maybe @CRS Performance or @The Van Cave will confirm or correct me.

Do you think it will settle a bit when I drive it. 80mm seems a lot doesn't it?

It won’t really settle, but will lower the more you fill it with kit (whether that be permanent, like sound-deadening etc or with tools etc). 80mm is a lot - mine got almost 45mm lower when I converted it to a camper, meaning I had to take the front down to suit. But that is in a van that now weighs 2400kg, so a fair old amount of weight on the springs.

yes it was a typo the tyres are 275/40/20
275 40 20 tyres on the front generally touch the inner liner of the wing. Even on a 8.5 inch tyre at 70 mm we have them touching the offset will also play a part. It’s. Very difficult because every Tom dick and harry push 275 40 20. Normally because they are cheap , there are much better sizes to use. Factors. Like. Rolling diameter. Total width all affect performance and fuel economy. There is an art to getting the correct tyres

I have 39cm front and back from wheel centre to arch using the CRS koni/H&R kit but I have 19” wheels so no problem with clearance. It’s a heavy camper though (t28 recently up plated to t30) so gets proper slammed when fully loaded.

I told Steve at CRS to please set it higher and he said no it must be lower (I may have got that sentence a little confused ;))
:slow rofl:

mine is a t28 and will not be carrying any weight in the rear. Its my daily so would like it comfort if thats possible
Cake and eat it scenario. H a ha The problem is with super light rear ends its a battle to get as low as you want to on the adjusters

275 40 20 tyres on the front generally touch the inner liner of the wing. Even on a 8.5 inch tyre at 70 mm we have them touching the offset will also play a part. It’s. Very difficult because every Tom dick and harry push 275 40 20. Normally because they are cheap , there are much better sizes to use. Factors. Like. Rolling diameter. Total width all affect performance and fuel economy. There is an art to getting the correct tyres

Go one then Steve, what are the optimum tyre sizes?

Takes pin out, and steps back.

On 8.5 J wheels we use either 245 45 20 or 255 40 20 . Looks great fits perfect and practical . ensure load rating is enough

Put the pin back ha ha

Back