SoLow, B14 or H&R coilovers?

Mickyp

Hi , i am looking to lower my t6 t32 combi and possibly fit some spacers.
I have 20 inch alloys fitted and not sure how far to lower it by and how thick the spacers need to be .
Any advice would be welcome !

Go straight to Blistern B14'S, they are adjustable and give a smoother ride than just changing the springs for shorter ones. While you have it apart, fit the H&R uprated ARB's as well. :thumbsup:

I was wondering how the above setup compares to the factory sportline setup?

Has anyone done that?

If not...... I might have to do it.... to see...

Has anyone done that?

I've gone from Sportline to B14s.
The Sportline set-up was a little more comfortable, but I am maxed out on the B14s, so that's to be expected.
However, the B14 set-up is far better handling, but that might also be down to the ARBs too.

Has anyone done that?

Skip the springs and B14s and go straight to Transporter HQ Solow coilovers ...they go lower than b14s or you can drop it 70mm and still have 30mm of adjustment remaining, much more comfortable than b14s and their still made by Bilstein

I'm losing the love for my B14s too and will be changing them out ASAP. But to what....

SoLow? Or the H&Rs?

I'm losing the love for my B14s too and will be changing them out ASAP. But to what....

SoLow? Or the H&Rs?
That all depends on how low you want to go and if you want to live with the compromises of running Solows.

SoLow? Or the H&Rs?
These 2 products are very different and shouldn't be considered against each other . The one kit is practical and can do 50 to 80 mm so can be used daily and with sensible ride , the other is more for show vans and does 100 to 130 mm apparently , this isn't a common sense buy if the van is used daily in my eyes . Chris can maybe offer more day to day advice because i would never risk driving a van this low on UK roads ( or race tracks haha )

I've already got B14s all the way down, small hub mod and machined top mounts. So I think around 90-100mm anyway. It's manageable.

If I can get similar drop but with improved ride comfort (rear is particularly poor) then I'll be very happy.
Steve's comments that I've quoted below are spot on, as they so often are. The H&R adjustable kit and the Solows shouldn't be compared directly to each other, they are a very different kit, designed to do different things.

For a lot of people, the majority of people, the comfortable drops of up to 80mm that the H&R kit can give you are considered low enough, but there are a few who want to go lower.

If you want to be where you are now, or go a bit lower, then you could consider SoLow. You could do away with the machined top mounts and adjust them to sit pretty much exactly where you are now. The ride will be better than the B14s and you'll be happy.

Potential Solow owners need to be aware of the limitations and practical problems of running a van this low, but as you're already pretty low anyway, you are most likely aware of them. I have them on my own van because I love the really low look and for the drops you're getting they are more comfortable than a lot of people would expect, but speed bumps give me shivers and I've had to cut my rear bump stops down etc. There's still adjustment left, but if I went lower I would probably be into drive shaft judder territory. Going really low has its draw backs, but as long as you are aware of the draw backs and can make an informed choice, happy days.

These 2 products are very different and shouldn't be considered against each other . The one kit is practical and can do 50 to 80 mm so can be used daily and with sensible ride , the other is more for show vans and does 100 to 130 mm apparently , this isn't a common sense buy if the van is used daily in my eyes . Chris can maybe offer more day to day advice because i would never risk driving a van this low on UK roads ( or race tracks haha )

Back