Nick Kerin

I have just bought a T6 and the lower dash is a beige (Hanging!). VW say there is nothing they can do with it. Problem is the rest of the cab is black/dark grey/light grey. Beige does not belong. Does a Caravelle lower dash fit? I am having it converted to a camper so I want it right.

Does anyone know an independent who will convert lower dash to Dark Grey or black?

Could do with being in the North West if possible.

I think @RattyMcClelland has changed his to the one from the shuttle which is he same colour as the dash but i dont think hes posted any pictures yet?

Too much to wrote up a build thread now. Ill sort it another time.

But to answer this thread. VW officially call it Mouldy Ass beige. I hate it. Shows scuffs and stuff.

If you're willing to part with just over £1k in parts alone you can do the caravelle gloss dash parts and the Shuttle lower panels and door cards.

IMAG0218_zpsmpznsbfq.jpg

IMAG0390_zpszaodcwdm.jpg

IMAG0392_zpsthygcsz9.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsps6x3uqi.jpg

I have all the part numbers.

Basically all of the lower panels from the Shuttle directly fit the panel van. No modifying at all. The door cards are a straight swap. The caravelle door cards differ with leather in the middle and silver trim and a different design around the upper storage. The caravelle door cards are about £110 more than the shuttle ones.
I went for the shuttle ones.

One thing that doesnt fit though is the lower B pillar trim. The shuttles are taller and wider.

Steve @ Edge Automotive are trimming me the headlining, visors, pillars and associated plastics and ill get Steve to trim the panel van lower b pillars now. Also some new black alcantara/leather seats as the red leather is out of my T5 and it old now.

In my opinion its how VW should offer highline panel vans. So much better. I actually use the upper glove box now. My Vw manual fits in there and customer invoices.

Looks fantastic! Well worth the money! What man hours went into it though? Did you do it yourself? Have you found a buyer for your 'Mouldy Ass beige' bits?!

I like the lower dash and door cards, much better than dirty white! Are the door cards a better finish , they look better??

Looks fantastic! Well worth the money! What man hours went into it though? Did you do it yourself? Have you found a buyer for your 'Mouldy Ass beige' bits?!

All diy. Pretty easy. The gloss dash takes some dremel skill
Can't count man how as I did the audio install as I went along.
Edge automotive are taking the mouldy panels to experiment with for future t6 retrims.

I like the lower dash and door cards, much better than dirty white! Are the door cards a better finish , they look better??

Same identical finish. Just black.

All diy. Pretty easy. The gloss dash takes some dremel skill
Can't count man how as I did the audio install as I went along.
Edge automotive are taking the mouldy panels to experiment with for future t6 retrims.

Same identical finish. Just black.
Hi @RattyMcClelland , are you able to post up the part numbers for door panels? I might do it in stages, and they seem a good place to start.

But to answer this thread. VW officially call it Mouldy Ass beige. I hate it. Shows scuffs and stuff.

If you're willing to part with just over £1k in parts alone you can do the caravelle gloss dash parts and the Shuttle lower panels and door cards.

IMAG0218_zpsmpznsbfq.jpg

IMAG0390_zpszaodcwdm.jpg

IMAG0392_zpsthygcsz9.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsps6x3uqi.jpg

Basically all of the lower panels from the Shuttle directly fit the panel van. No modifying at all. The door cards are a straight swap. The caravelle door cards differ with leather in the middle and silver trim and a different design around the upper storage. The caravelle door cards are about £110 more than the shuttle ones.

One thing that doesnt fit though is the lower B pillar trim. The shuttles are taller and wider.

Steve @ Edge Automotive are trimming me the headlining, visors, pillars and associated plastics and ill get Steve to trim the panel van lower b pillars now. Also some new black alcantara/leather seats as the red leather is out of my T5 and it old now.

In my opinion its how VW should offer highline panel vans. So much better. I actually use the upper glove box now. My Vw manual fits in there and customer invoices.
Spend all that money and have mcDonalds wrappers in there ? Tut tut! Lol! Looks awesome. Really done a nice job!

@RattyMcClelland, I hope you don't mind me asking but are you able to share the part numbers for the Shuttle door cards and lower dash panels as I hate the beige.

Many thanks in advance

I will do. I have not been home yet where all my accounts are. The part numbers are on the invoice In one of the office folders.

Looks so so much better! Watching this thread for the shopping list. :) Gonna have to do a few overtime shifts to pay for it mind you!!!! Where was it all sourced from @RattyMcClelland ?

IMAG0218_zpsmpznsbfq.jpg

IMAG0390_zpszaodcwdm.jpg

IMAG0392_zpsthygcsz9.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsps6x3uqi.jpg

Hi, my van is going in for conversion back end of next week. I am after exactly what you have done to your cab.
Would it be possible for you send me all the part numbers and costs also where you got your parts from.
Many thanks David

Got to admit that does look brilliant. I was trying to limit my spend this year after blowing so much on my current conversion but this has been added to the "want" list

Back