Low Emissions Zones

Hi,

I’ve just bought a 2016 T6. It’s a 140, and Euro5. I love it and was hoping to keep it for many years.

Sheffield council (and I believe others) have just announced that they’re going to be charging Euro5 vans to enter the city centre (I may be wrong, but I think £10/day has been mentioned). As I travel into the city centre regularly, these charges will soon rack up.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to officially convert a Euro5 to Euro6, and therefore be exempt from the charges?

it's not just an engine swap, you'd need new ecu, exhasut system, adblue tank.
it is possible, but so much hardship, it's not viable

This was my concern when I bought my T6. LEZ's have been on the cards for a while. My work means I have to travel into Edinburgh city centre. Although I use various modes of transport depending on the particular shift, some very early starts in my roster make taking the van into town necessary, especially in winter. Had to bite the bullet and spend more sourcing a euro 6 because if this.

Is it just on vans or all eu5 diesels including cars?

Even if you did all the technical stuff, you would then have to convince the DVLA to alter your logbook, as it will the number plate and what the DVLA tell the council that sends you the bill.

Back