Loose strut top mount

Wato66

Recently fitted front B14 coilovers and the top mount is fully tight but the strut still seems loose, is this correct ?
They have been on for about 6 weeks and have had a knocking noise from the top mount.

Any thoughts ?

Taking them back out and going to use the lock nut supplied with the strut to hold the spring as its shorter and think will allow the top mount to tighten, anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance.

I thought my top mounts were loose but it turned out the knocking was coming from the ARB drop links.
Fitted new ones, but only cheap from ebay. Will replace with decent ones.

Thanks

Update top mounts are now solid in the housing but the noise persists, so it wasn't that.

It wasn't so much the links themselves (I fitted uprated V-Maxx adjustable ones) but the H&R Anti roll bar was shedding its powder coating around the holes where the links bolted into and that's what was causing the knock.
It took a couple of retightening events before they stayed silent.

I thought my top mounts were loose but it turned out the knocking was coming from the ARB drop links.
I have the same problem with the top mount plates, without the final nut on the plate spins freely, looks like there is a 3-4mm gap between the rubber and the body.
have recently fitted B14 Komforts, new strut top mounts, bearings etc. I did use Meyle mounts, maybe they are slightly different?
I have swapped the shorter top nut with the longer shock nut which solves the problem as a temporary solution to try out this weekend.

I spoke with Mikey from transporter HQ where I bought my B14’s from and he said that you should have that gap and you should always use the proper nut and not the locking nut the struts have fitted for transport to protect the threads.

How was the ride, I've just the same problem but can't understand why the top strut cup wouldn't fit down tightly in the scuttle panel

Back