Looking into the Dealocking on Euro 6 California

Please do the test and report your results

• I have a Euro5 T6 and mine only double locks on the first test

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
Just to move this out of the other deadlocking thread as it has branched out from the "do I have it" to "its not working as it should".

I have been doing some comparisons between mine and @DaveyB's as his works as I expect it to and mine doesn't.

The main problem with mine is the B pillar button which is documented to only disable the Volumetric sensors and the anti-tow sensor is also disabling the deadlocks which is undesirable when camping.

The test for this is as follows;
(the test for this, is to leave the drivers window down and lean in and pull the handle a couple of times to see if it open the door.)

1. lock vehicle without operating the B pillar button (not lit up) (only lights up and can only be operated with drivers door open) with a single press of the remote. RESULT: a double clunk of the locks. and its deadlocked.

2. unlock, lean in and press the B pillar button and it will light up. Close and press the lock remote once. RESULT you should hear the same double clunk. if you only only hear 1 then it's not deadlocked.

Please note that pressing the lock remote a second time will turn off deadlocks and this is normal.

Not sure but we flick the lock switch on the drivers door (by the wing mirror controls) just before going to bed; all doors locked.

The sliding door can then be independently unlocked.

Not sure but we flick the lock switch on the drivers door (by the wing mirror controls) just before going to bed; all doors locked.

The sliding door can then be independently unlocked.
Yes as we do when in the van.

My issue is; roof up, windows open a little for ventilation, lock vehicle and walk to the pub. Its not deadlocked and anyone can reach in and open the door from the inside. I expect to be able to disable the volumetrics to cater for the roof and windows open etc, but have it deadlocked so the doors can't be opened.

My issue is; roof up, windows open a little for ventilation, lock vehicle and walk to the pub. Its not deadlocked and anyone can reach in and open the door from the inside. I expect to be able to disable the volumetrics to cater for the roof and windows open etc, but have it deadlocked so the doors can't be opened.

Good point. We shut all windows but leave the roof vents open then lock normally with the remote. Never had an issue.

Hello @Loz, I will look again tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that when I disable the volumetric and then press the remote lock it switches off the volumetric disable. I think the long and short is that you can't disable the volumetric and deadlock the van. :(

Back