Looking For T6 Offside Electric Mirror

Ottter

Hi
I've got a 2017 T6 Transporter and the offside electric wing mirror has been knocked off so I'm looking for a replacement with DAB antenna, any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks

I don’t know how easy the job would be but If I was in your place, I might also look at it as an opportunity / excuse to fit another aerial - in my experience, the one built into the mirror is about as much use as a chocolate teapot and I spend most of my time cursing the lack of DAB signal. VW should be ashamed of themselves for supplying such a piece of crap.

Thanks Phil and Ayjay for your replies. the dealership ones are mega bucks but doesn't look like there are any discounted yet, maybe to new a model.

Not had any problem with DAB signal, have plenty of other things go wrong which is disappointing for a pretty new van, at least it's still under warranty for now....but not for busted wing mirrors !

It might depend upon the part of the country that you are in but here in Gloucestershire, reception can be patchy to say the least. Even worse, on a recent drive from North Devon to Dorset, I reckon we had DAB reception for way less than 50% of the time! Our other cars (a Honda and an Audi) both have 'shark fin' antennae and neither of them have such problems. OK, there might be the odd drop out lasting a few seconds but otherwise, they are both trouble free. As I said, the T6 radio (or aerial) in contrast is a POS.

It might depend upon the part of the country that you are in but here in Gloucestershire, reception can be patchy to say the least. Even worse, on a recent drive from North Devon to Dorset, I reckon we had DAB reception for way less than 50% of the time! Our other cars (a Honda and an Audi) both have 'shark fin' antennae and neither of them have such problems. OK, there might be the odd drop out lasting a few seconds but otherwise, they are both trouble free. As I said, the T6 radio (or aerial) in contrast is a POS.
Maybe you just got a faulty one? Mines ok too, even in relatively weak signal areas that other vehicles i own struggle for reception.

Phil, That's an interesting suggestion but when I raised the issue with a VW van centre, their response was basically to agree that the in-mirror aerials were rubbish and that I had to live with crap DAB reception! Unfortunately, I don't know anybody else with a T6 who could drive somewhere with me where I have issues to see if they have the same.

Got mine from eBay fitting new one is easy look on YouTube for door card removal got mine for £75 just keep looking

Back