Looking for stainless steel fittings...

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am looking for some neat/relatively unobtrusive stainless steel fittings that can be fixed to the lining of my van and use for the attachment of bungees so I can stop tings from moving around too much. Not intending to restrain anything heavy.

Anybody know of anything they can point me towards?

Sailing supplier maybe??

Agreed a Chandler would be a good place but if it fits to a boat the price seems to double
Do you have any local nuts and bolts/fixings shops, these are normally good for this sort of thing ?

Being a skint sailing parent I can definately second what Pauly has said in that the moment anything comes from a Chandlers it'll cost at least double what the poxy little part would cost from anywhere else.
Try and find a hardware store that does stainless fixings. You really don't want to know what s/steel fixings for marine applications cost!

I needed something similar & chose to use a few of these:
5mm Stainless Steel Eye Bolt DIN 580 - GS Products

They are cheap to buy & available from many online sources, but they need a threaded fixing. I already had some M5 riv nuts and a hand fitting tool kicking about in my garage. I just crimped a couple of M5 nuts into the existing holes in the C pillars. I'll probably fit a few more as I find where I need them.
I can send a photo if its the kind of thing your looking for.

Have you thought of lashing rail with clip on stainless rings?

I have some of this;
C6FCF5CA-0E95-471C-8E0B-CB8488D87B20.jpeg

Try ebay,
I had a peek and put in stainless d rings or motorcycle tie downs.

There are several reasonably priced options, just keep an eye on the size, some can be quite large.

Back