Looking after leather seats?

eetmw

T6 Pro
Apart from keeping them clean should leather seats be treated with anything to keep them at their best? I’ve searched but nothing really came up that looked after, maintained and extended life, in fact some sites suggested they are treated and coated so apart from wiping down you need to do nothing?

Cheers

Toby

It depends if they are real leather or not.

What are we talking about? Factory, aftermarket covers or retrimmed seats?

I use Autoglym Leather Balm on ours. Genuine leather full re-trim. 6 years & 50k miles, still looking good.

Believe it or not, baby wipes are really good. When you think what they are designed to clean and moisturise...

My lads 56 plate Fiesta has part leather seats, 150k miles and he's had it 5 yrs and done nothing to them but wipe them down when ever he cleans inside. Probs once a year!!!! :think smile bounce: Still good condition though, no rips either.

It depends if they are real leather or not.

What are we talking about? Factory, aftermarket covers or retrimmed seats?
Factory all leather vw ones. Baby wipes are amazing, I use them for cleaning my bikes and they are some sort of magic!
cheers
Toby

Warm water is the best to wipe down your seats. On my car, bought it new, I have ceramic coated the seats and I have to say this was the best solution ever to keep the seats clean. 3 years after and still clean with 2 children jumping eating drinking spilling…

Back