Loo... It has to be asked, sorry

I was looking at water tanks and on the CAK tanks website(almost a pun there!) saw this toilet riser. It may be just enough to help you out, I'm not sure how much rise you would need.
I've not seen or used it so may only work with the cassette toilets rather than the portable ones.

Checking on line there seems to be a shortage of Thetford loo’s!
The social home care system has taken a massive hit recently, quite probably some people are relying on other means to cope with reduced visits.

We got one and worked out well on our holiday - at 6’2” and no pop top, a bit awkward for me, but keeps us away from public conveniences as much as possible.

Just noticed Aldi has a camping theme in their special buys which includes the two toilet chemicals - didnt have a close look at price/volume to compare to thetfords own but probably handier for most to get in and buy some!

Ian

As an opinion piece as a "hack" I was told to stay away from the toilet chemicals. They're nasty stuff to use, have around and once you dispose of them too. They're also expensive and hard to get hold of. I was told to use inexpensive liquid laundry detergent in the bottom and just water as the flush, very very the ay to find! Although we only tend to use the toilet over a long weekend, we've never had any smells and it works for us.
Cheaper, more environmentally friendly and easier to find, especially abroad!

'Green' loo-blue is environmentally neutral, readily available and not at all expensive given the dilution used.
I dont think any detergent is good for the planet, not even laundry detergent :thumbsup:

I've noticed lately a lot of posts are corrupted by predictive text - "very very the ay to find"??? :)

Hi

We are almost ready to buy our camper!
The one thing I’m really worrying about it the loo. I am absolootly one of those ladies that needs the loo in the night. Now my problem is I have a disability which means I am not going to be able to go outdoors and squat due to leg weakness. Even a loo in a tent might be tricky for me as I am thinking they are quite low to sit on? Sorry to be direct but is anyone able to offer advice? I so so want to get travelling but it’s the one thing that’s worrying me.

thanks CLT20
Bought a loo found it too low went it to the shed made a base and lifted it up 3in its spot on

Porta Potti 335 fits very well on top of one of the low Really Useful boxes. The box itself is strong, easy to clean and can store all sorts of related (or other) items, such as loo rolls, wipes, etc
We used a small square of rubbery, non-slip groundsheet underneath when placed in the toilet tent - a bit more "homely".

Back