Longer Tailgate Gas Struts?

Chris Brett

Hi Guys,
caught my head on the rear tailgate!!!
Does anyone know if you can get longer gas struts to get the tailgate a little higher, please?
(T6 204 DSG 4 Motion twin sliders & non-windowed tailgate).
Cheers.

hi chris new struts can be bought via forum shop changed mine due to putting cali tailgate chairs on think length was same but more resistance due to extra weight of chairs and housing length of removed struts is 780mm part no is7ho 827 550 o3s these came of a shuttle :)

Hi Guys,
caught my head on the rear tailgate!!!
Does anyone know if you can get longer gas struts to get the tailgate a little higher, please?
(T6 204 DSG 4 Motion twin sliders & non-windowed tailgate).
Cheers.

T5 struts are longer - if it’s actual length you want, they’ll help; if it’s sagging, then Cali struts (at the same length) should sort it.

Last edited:
I just purchased some t5.1 struts from TransporterHQ for my T6 so that I didn't keep banging my head, however they don't fit as the thicker part is longer so wont compress to the same size and thus tailgate won't shut.

Anyone done this with genuine t5 struts, they look like they too wont work.

Do the hinges allow the tailgate to be opened further or are they at the full extent of their travel when the tailgate is 90 degrees from the aperture?

Do the hinges allow the tailgate to be opened further or are they at the full extent of their travel when the tailgate is 90 degrees from the aperture?
They did no problem when I test fitted the struts, just the compressed size was longer so tailgate could not be shut, shame as was perfect height for me.

20220224_145849.jpg

Back