Long range 80 litre tank

Radorik

Does anyone have the part number for the 80l tank? I ordered one and the one fitted is a part number 7E0 201 085. Reason I ask is I ran the tank down so the trip said 15 miles left, yet I only got 68 litres in it.

I can't help with part numbers as I have a euro 5 but I don't think you would get 68 l in a 70 l tank with miles to go . I have the 80 l euro 5 and can get 74l in when down to 0 miles
Someone on here will have the 80 l tank and will be able to help.

I have an 80 ltr tank and have gone 50miles past zero miles and got 76 its in, as @Keeff said there is no way you would get 68 in a 70 tank with 15 miles left. I think its a safe bet to say you have a 80 ltr tank. If you are feeling brave carry a 5ltr can and run it dry then fill up (being as new van there shouldn't be any crap in the bottom) I wouldn't advise it though!

On my 70l tank, I've ran it down to 10 miles remaining and still only managed to squeeze in 60l of fuel. So I reckon you will have the 80l tank.

Presumably the computer is trying to be helpful and make sure you definitely don't run out of fuel, by keeping another secret 10l spare!

Reading by VCDS from engine I have seen
IDE00304 Fuel level 83.00 l (when really topped up, 80 liter tank)
For 70 liter tank reading has never seen above 70.

Does the range say -50 miles, or does it just stay at 0? I've never been brave enough to find out!

It stays at zero - was always told they have roighly a gallon in once down to zero and have never run out of fuel following this rule.

Does the range say -50 miles, or does it just stay at 0? I've never been brave enough to find out!
It was late(4am) , forgot to say I was towing a caravan so late20's mpg. I looked and had just dropped down to zero miles and it was a further 50 miles till I got to my local tesco. Just went for it, my last Eclass would easily do 80 past zero so hopped I would be ok and had a backup can with me. Normally I try not to go below 1/4 of a tank.

Can you have one with an eu6 due to adblue tank?

The weight of the Euro 6 engine’s 13-litre AdBlue tank, has been offset by dropping the fuel tank size from 80 litres to 70 litres, though an 80-litre tank can still be had as an option. Given that the Euro 6 engines promise up to a 15% improvement in fuel consumption, the smaller tank shouldn’t cause a major drop in overall range.

That's what was in my head, knew there was something, but as I've got the eu5 wasn't sure.... Still, all good

After a recent stint of driving by SWMBO we'd used a little more fuel than I'd expected on the way to Luxembourg...so we ended up getting down to zero range(!)...but still didn't run out of diesel(!). I managed to get 82.1 liters in without spilling a single drop. Just how close were we to running dry? Has anybody managed to get more than 82.1 liters in?

Haven’t measured it like that but I’ve done 28 miles on zero range. Every vehicle I’ve had has always had at least 30 miles in the reserve

After a recent stint of driving by SWMBO we'd used a little more fuel than I'd expected on the way to Luxembourg...so we ended up getting down to zero range(!)...but still didn't run out of diesel(!). I managed to get 82.1 liters in without spilling a single drop. Just how close were we to running dry? Has anybody managed to get more than 82.1 liters in?

Pretty close I'd say. There's probably room for 2-3 litres in the filler neck for those who literally fill to the brim.

Back