London Sightseeing Campsites?

P

Phil_G

Hi all, I'm having a few days in central London and I'm looking for campsite advice please.
The two I've found so far are Theobalds Park (CCC club site) and Lee Valley (local authority site).
Its a lot to ask but ideally I'd like a safe, clean site a short train ride from the city.
Has anyone stayed near London recently & can recommend a site please?
Ta v much ;)
Phil

Hi all, I'm having a few days in central London and I'm looking for campsite advice please.
The two I've found so far are Theobalds Park (CCC club site) and Lee Valley (local authority site).
Its a lot to ask but ideally I'd like a safe, clean site a short train ride from the city.
Has anyone stayed near London recently & can recommend a site please?
Ta v much ;)
Phil

If you're a Caravan Club member, I can recommend this place https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...-england/london/abbey-wood-caravan-club-site/

I haven't actually stayed here, but we've worked on the site several times, and it's really nice.

Done some more digging and I think I'll try Theobalds Park, its a CCC club site, three miles cycling to Waltham Cross station where they have secure bike parking, then 36 minutes into town by train with just one change onto the Victoria Line at Tottenham Hale. Sounds ok to me!
Ta very much
Phil

We've stayed at a ccc site called Walton on Thames quite and well kept but has no facilities other than an elsan point and another called Amerden which has full facilities.

Well, this is my third day at Theobalds Park and its a superb site. I'd definitely use this one again for another London trip.
Well kept grass & hardstandings, huge facilities block with a fully-equipped laundry room, dishwashing, family room, etc all very spacious and spotlessly clean. Theres a kids play area (on bark) and a bit of a shop. Nice staff, really helpful with travel questions and they dont mind if you dither a bit over choice of pitch.
Its very countrified and rural, and its easy to forget that you're so close to the M25. I counted 11 rabbits as I walked to the loos!
I was talking to my pitch neighbour and apparently theres quite a group of 'permies' on site, who've sold their houses or flats and gone full time in their vans. Big motorhomes of course.

Travel wise, Waltham Cross station is maybe 3 miles, a steady 20 minutes cycling (got it down to 12 minutes!), then Anglia train to Liverpool Street, hop straight onto the Circle line and you're in Kensington ready to hit the Science Museum half an hour later. Public transport is so easy down here! :)
Theres no need to bother with tickets, passes or money - just use your normal bank debit card, touch in and out of each station and they work out the fare!

On the way cycling back from Waltham Cross, theres a big Lidl if you need bread & milk (what we call a hedgehog diet) ;)

After the Science museum Friday and Natural History yesterday, today (Sunday) is a chillout day for me. Hamleys toy shop tomorrow!

If you fancy a similar break 'down the smoke' I would definitely recommend Theobalds Park :thumbsup:

Cheers
Phil

IMG_20181021_140934_741.JPG

IMG_20181021_140950_750.JPG

IMG_20181021_141015_207.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you won't loose your T6 in that sea on White boxes @Phil_G Glad you found a place, and I will stick that recommendation in my little Black book. :thumbsup:

Just been for an hour's bike ride, surely this can't be London?

IMG_20181021_153757.jpg

IMG_20181021_165536_165.JPG

IMG_20181021_153613.jpg

IMG_20181021_165604_810.JPG

IMG_20181021_161011.jpg

IMG_20181021_153211.jpg

Back