Locking with doors open

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Here’s one for the collective. I can lock the van with the remote with a door/tailgate open, and have done. I’ve got out of the drivers door, blipped the remote, the van has locked, the indicators flash & the lock buttons have gone down. I’ve walked away & left the side door open. We used to have Discoverys & if I did the same, I’d get a horn beep & the car wouldn’t lock. I've been through VCDS & I can’t find anyway of preventing the doors locking if one is open.
Any ideas?

That doesn’t sound right, we regularly do this and the van will not lock as long as any door is open but when the final door is shut the hazards flash and the van locks

On my 6.1 if you leave a door open it will lock the others but not flash the indicators, then when you close it the indicators will flash. I also think i read it won’t set the alarm until all doors and Windows are closed.

My T6 does the same, I can lock it but leave the side door open.
Handy on campsites at night as gives access to side door only .As other doors are locked it stops ars##oles quietly opening front door and stealing stuff from your van while you sleep.

My T6 does the same, I can lock it but leave the side door open.
Handy on campsites at night as gives access to side door only .As other doors are locked it stops ars##oles quietly opening front door and stealing stuff from your van while you sleep.
Mine does something similar, if I lock the van from the inside using the button on the drivers door, I can then unlock the side door manually from the inside without unlocking the rest of the van. SOP when we’re camping.

Back