Locking only the cab but leaning cargo doors unlocked

Mike Gash

VIP Member
Hi all
Question for you.
I have a T6 LWB van, there is a lot of vans being broken into in my area.
So what I was thinking (or perhaps not) was. Is there a way or facility I can lock the cab and keep the back unlocked as I don’t keep anything of value in it overnight as I empty it. I’m thinking this would be better than a very badly / expensive damaged van. They are putting a shovel in the door jam and peeling the door open.
Many thanks

Just lock the van then press the boot unlock button on the remote and this will unlock the rear and leave the cab locked, be aware that this will also disable your alarm system.
If your unlock button unlocks all the doors on the vehicle you will need to get the locking recoded by your dealer or someone with VCDS so you have selective locking which separates the front and rear

Just lock the van then press the boot unlock button on the remote and this will unlock the rear and leave the cab locked, be aware that this will also disable your alarm system.
If your unlock button unlocks all the doors on the vehicle you will need to get the locking recoded by your dealer or someone with VCDS so you have selective locking which separates the front and rear

Many thanks for that Pauly, I will try that. I’m going to put a pir sensor with a 130 bd siron so hopefully that will awaken someone.
Cheers
Mike

If you don't open the rear door the vehicle will relock itself after few minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Hi Pauly

Hope you don’t mind me contacting you again on this item,

I’ve recently sent my van in for an inspection/ service to a proper VW van center (listers).

While it was in I asked the service department to have a look at the key to see if they could get the boot part of the key to work.

They were amazed that my key had the three options on it like the cars, they said a normal van key has open and shut (two options) only, they said after the engineer had had a look at it, it was working ok.

It was obviously not as the boot section still doesn’t work how I would like it.

What I’m asking for is advice please.

Cheers
Mike

Errr my highline PV has the 3 button remote(s) supplied with the van from new. All work as they should. Somebody needs to go back to tech skool

Back